Chapter X

~○𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚇○~

"I can hear you, you know?"

"That's not fair at all!"

I chuckled, "Who said I was going to be fair?" Aguri pouted and handed me an item. It was a blue velvet box...tied with a golden ribbon.

"Happy Birthday! I'm sorry this gift of mine if it is not meet your satisfactory preference but I do hope you like it." She said, giving me a nervous smile for wear. I raised my eyebrow and opened the box.

Rest there; a golden chain necklace with embedded of a pearl-like crescent moon in the centre. It was beautiful and pleasing to the eye. "It's silly...I'm sure you won't like it."

"Won't like it? Darling, this is gorgeous! I love it!" I slapped a hand over my mouth...I just called her darling.

She didn't seem to be bothered by it and instead, she smiled thoroughly. God, how I love this woman.

I woke up with a headache and feeling nausea all of a sudden. I quickly got up and went to the bathroom. Sadly to say, I threw up my only dinner and I felt like a 500-pound boulder banging on my brain. The disadvantage of drinking a large amount of alcohol.

"(Y/n)...are you alright?"

I flinched upon the new voice that had greatly entered the bathroom of mine and I looked up. Korosensei had stuck around apparently. How lovely.

"This? I'm fine...just a little sick is all. Might be a hangover but I doubt it. Memories might be foggy now but it'll clear up in the morning..."

"I imagined. Do you require something to subside those pain of yours in the meantime?"

I shocked my head but only to worsen it. "A cold water perhaps...thank you, again. I'll repay you someday."

He chuckled, "Nonsense, as a colleague, one must always acknowledge others wellbeing." The octopus smile fondly. He's not wrong...it's good to have someone who watches you over even though you're an absolute stranger.

I quickly washed up and changed clothes. Oh, this terrible headache. Please go fuck yourself.

The silly yellow Cephalopoda rushes beside me, handing me a glass of my request and gently sitting down in the living room. It was dimly lit which was great considered my hangover self is activated, I won't strain my retina.

The cold water had started to flushed out a bit. That's a relief.

"I'm never drinking more than two glasses ever again," I said in defeat. Korosensei laughed and joined me in the living room.

"I can't help but noticed your necklace...it's beautiful by the way."

I unconsciously grabbed the centre and smile softly. "Aguri gave this for my birthday." It felt empty yet fulfilled. Why is that? "You must've loved her very much indeed."

I blushed and chuckled.

"Anyways...what were you going to say at the bar? I presume it's something important." My heart stopped upon those sentences. Oh shit.

WHAT THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSED TO SAY? I nearly CONFESSED to him! Fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck-

"I uh...I-i...um, it's, an uh-" I started rambling. Panic started to rise within me like a fucking rocket.

How the fuck am I going to say this?

--------------------------------------------------------

Stay tuned for more!