Chapter XVIII (NSFW)

NSFW Chapter (Beware)

The children had been training all day. Sniping, shooting, and another bunch of assassin's activities. As always, I didn't want to participate nor wanted to know my way around with a knife in my hand.

...or so I hoped.

Here, standing in the middle of the field, a rubber knife in my hand, was ordered to try to get a cut on my partner in crime. The scene to them is probably hilarious but to me, I was beyond terrified to try and hurt him. But Korosensei didn't take the memo that was written all over my face. Sweats and shallow breaths produced my newfound adrenaline, pumping in my veins and you can tell, I was pale as a ghost when Karasuma told me to get ready for training.

"But I wished not to participate in this violent act, Karasuma-san!" I tried to protest but everyone knows that won't work at all. My last option was the octopus but being him, he agreed with Karasuma. Hate and love the octopus at once. If I could slap him-

"Just a little more, (Y/n)-sensei! You almost nicked me!" He teased me.

"If you stay still, this would've ended sooner!" I complained, already out of shape. I didn't want to hurt him but with some of the children watching me, I can't risk any amount of emotion for the yellow Cephalopoda. Not in front of them. Before I knew it, I was standing still already lost in thoughts and anxieties. I could barely register a yellow figure flashed and I felt my legs give out. "Oh dear me! Are you alright?" It could be the heat, it could be the pressure but I know damned well it wasn't any of the above. I never fainted. Ever. This was the first time I fainted from feeling overwhelmed.

. . .

I woke up in the small infirmary on campus. Throat suddenly felt dry and my headache decided to visit me. "Damn it." I held my head, massaging my temples. Great, the last time I fainted this far was from my military training. My heart is still pounding for some reason and feeling nausea in its wake. No, not again. Without thinking I got up and of course, the result was my face met the ground. Mind swirling and I couldn't think straight enough to get up.

"-Are you alright, oh goodness! Why are you on the floor?!" a familiar voice asked in shock and gently picked me up, some of them tried to soothe me, massaging my muscles and others grabbing a cup of tea. More heavy footsteps entered the room and it was Karasuma and Irina. " (Y/n), you should take a day off..." the gloomy man advised. Wow, that was thoughtful.

" Sorry if this troubles the training with the kids...it has been a while since I do something this...active." I lied. Again, that wasn't the case at all. The octopus let go of me not before one of his tentacles lingered a little longer. Very bold for this bastard. " Karasuma-san is absolutely correct, you should take a break." I nodded weakly and Irina gave me a pill to subside the headache. "Thank you, Irina-san."

They both left to look out for the children and just left me with the yellow Cephalopoda.

He looked at me and I waved him off, "You need to be their target out there..."

"That's not what I'm here... why did you lie?" I froze, shit. "Haha...am I that transparent?" laughing it off even though it sounded fake. Korosensei still stood there. I sighed, "I'm fine...we can talk about this later, please?" That seemed to satisfy the octopus and patted my head before he left the room. Now I'm alone with my own thoughts...why did I lie actually? What was the point? I could've told them I was a little overwhelmed. Why bother with a lie?

Few hours passed and lunch arrived. Korosensei visited me again to pass my meal. The Okinawa trip is just around the corner... What if he won't survive? What if the students succeed? No, these negative thoughts will kill me instead. Breathe...just breathe. I looked down at my lunch and tried to be distracted by the food filling in my belly. In the next hour, there will be my class. I need to get ready...just a light lesson for them. I quickly finished my meal and got up to prepare for the class.