Chapter XII

•~Chapter XII~•

"...(𝒀/𝒏)....(Y/n)" I blinked and looked at the person calling out my name. Irina gave out an annoyed huff and proceed to talk to me. "Huh?"

"Oh my fucking god, you weren't even listening to me?! Karasuma asked me to tell you that tomorrow is the big deal for the brats. You do remember right?" I nodded and still zoned out after that small affection from the yellow octopus. "Yeah, the final term....they'll be fine! Besides, Korosensei said to have faith in them."

She gave me a bored reaction and raised her eyebrow.

"And since when you believe in that octopus?"

"Since we became friends of course! Like you, Karasuma and me!" I nervously smiled and began to clean my desk although there's only a few papers were scattered. She gave a hard stare then decided to brush it off. "Whatever. Your class is up in about 5 minutes."

"Thanks!" Then she walked out of the room, leaving me here alone. That was close. I don't expect so little from her, she's smart in this type of situation. Lies were her main base. I need to be careful with my words around her. Especially Karasuma. This is going to be a bumpy ride for me and the octopus.

I looked at my phone and was conflicted. Why not?

Me:
Hey, um, wanna grab dinner tonight?

And sent. Well, that was nerve-wracking and it was a fucking simple text even.

...

What if he doesn't want to? What if I'm being pushy? Even though we kinda confessed to each other...right? What if- no, stop. This whole overthinking habit is going to kill me. I need to calm myself, yes, think of the warm sun, summer breeze... a wide grin.

Smiling, laughing, wrapping in his yellow tentacles-

OH MY GOD. I slapped my cheeks at the image that I had created. Am I that desperate? No, don't think about that now. Just stay positive. Yeah, positive my ass. I'm a fucking mess right now!

*Ding!*

I jumped at the sudden sound and shakily grabbed my device. Slowly peeking at the screen and almost fainted when the yellow Cephalopoda replied.

"Ah, shit....here goes nothing." Fingertip making contact with the screen.

Yellow Cephalopoda:
( ・ω・)☞ do you imply it as a date, perhaps?

I swear. He doesn't beat around the bushes at all.
He's teasing me again. And he knows he's pushing the right button even. This idiot. I held my excitement and replied.

Me:
What if I told you it is? Would you decline my offer? _(:3 」∠)_

Not a minute later, he replied.

Yellow Cephalopoda:
Decline a free meal? Especially from you? I would never! I'll accept the offer (Y/n)-san, I'll fly us over there, deal? Also, you're late for class~

I smiled, a blush crept up my cheeks.

Me:
Deal~

"Oh my god, oh my god....a date....with him." I blushed again at the idea and tried to calm down my burning face and looked at the message again.

In an instant, my cheeks went pale. I'm late for the lesson again. Fuck me. I rushed to the class and see Korosensei starting a bit of my lesson. The octopus looked at me at the doorway, all dishevelled and a mess.

"That's a very bad habit you have there, (Y/n)-sensei!" He teased me and the children laughed. My lip went a thin line and proceed the class...with him joining too. It was hellish for me and fun for him. Seeing me all flustered and unorganised. Oh, he's so gonna get it from me tonight.

"Sensei, please give us your blessing for our term tomorrow!" Nakamura said. The others soon followed her suit while I almost smack the octopus with the duster. "Well of course my young assassins! We shall give you our blessing and wish you the best of luck!" Korosensei spoke proudly. The students jumped from their seats and let their excitement be on display.

"Oi, sensei, don't forget our deal," Teresaka remarked. I raised my eyebrow, clearly confused.

"A...deal?" I voiced.

They looked at me and smirked. "Korosensei said if we get the top in our school for each major exam, we get to cut the limbs while he doesn't move."

"That's right! A little special treat for our growing students." He said calmly. I'm panicking inside.

Now, I'm concerned about his well-being than mine. He could die tomorrow for all I know. And tonight is the last thing I'll ever see him alive and smiling.

Please...not too soon.

Give him another chance to live.

----------------------------------------------------------
Stay tuned and vote!