Chapter VI

~Chapter VI●~

𝑰 abruptly woke up from the sound of crashing pots and pans on the floor. I groaned and found myself back on my bed... what happened? My mind was a blur and confused as to how did I get here. I forced myself to stand up, heading towards the kitchen. I was shocked to see the yellow octopus in my kitchen...making omurice.

My eyes observe him properly; he had a pink apron on with cute lace on them. His left tentacle was holding the plate and his other one was twisted whilst tangled with his other tentacles together; attempting to catch the pans from making contact with the wooden floor.

I blinked and furrowed my eyebrow.

Korosensei looked at me with a nervous smile. "(Y/n)-San! You're awa-"

"How long was I out?" Asking him while rubbing my back. He looked at me, relaxed a bit. "Not long...but you were crying up a storm a few hours ago. How are you feeling?" Placing the meal in front of me. I sat down and stared at the food.

You could tell my eyes were red and raw from crying. I felt something pat on my head. I forcibly looked at the owner and it hurt me to let someone sees me like this. Broken and so lost. He looked at me with a kind and understanding look that I haven't seen them in a while. "I'm sorry that you had to witness this...I'm weak and-and pathetic-"

He hushed me gently. I closed my trembling lips.

"It's not your fault...you're not weak nor pathetic. You're stronger than you think. And I'm quite..thankful, for you to tell me your bottled up feelings. I know it must've hurt and pains you to even bring those up to a stranger. But need I to remind you; it's not healthy for your mental state."

" I tried...I tried to tell this to someone...but her sister didn't pick up her phone and I have stuck here alone, bearing my griefs and pain all by myself." I bite back the sobs that tried to explode again.

Our eyes met and my heart stopped.

His face was inches away from me. I could feel his hot breath fanning my warm face. I must've looked pathetic to him. Maybe grossed out even.

"And I'll be happy to listen to you. Grief and pain cannot be bared alone. Especially when you lost the one you loved ever so dearly. I know that feeling and I don't want you to think that you handle them all by your will." At that mere moment...my heart fluttered at his words.

Which make me harder not to cry at all. He backed away from me, handing out a fork and spoon for me. I laughed and grabbed them.

We've talked for hours and avoiding the previous subject which made me feel calmed and cared for. Korosensei told his funny stories with the children and their attempts to assassinate him. It was weird to talk about but he seems to enjoy telling me how the kids had grown and I didn't have the heart to burst his bubbles.

"Oh dear me...would you look at the time! Forgive me for keeping you up late...see you at school tomorrow I hope.. do make sure you eat your medications and sleep well." He frantically said and cleaned the dishes in a second before it manages to register in me.

"Oh uh, thanks...for everything. And um, goodnight."

He smiled at me and ruffled my hair. I giggled and looked at him. Wishing he won't leave just yet...

"Goodnight, (Y/n)-San." With a gentleness voice that made me melt like ice cream would during the hot summer season in June.

And there, he was off from my balcony. Making the curtains flapped behind me. I watched him disappeared into the darkness. I hugged myself...a smile crept up on my lips and my cheeks burned.

I...do love him.

Oh god...no. I slowly facepalmed myself.

"Ha..ha...no, come on...he's a wanted man. Don't be silly (Y/n)." Images of him being adorable invade my head. Ah, fucking heck. I walked back to my room, not forgetting to switch off the powers.

Gently, I laid down...dreaming about that stupid dork that I had fallen in love with.

His body was so warm to the touch.

---------------------------------------------------

Stay tuned for more chapters and do vote if you enjoy my work.