Chapter 16

I head home, ready to catch up in some sleep and flop down on my bed, taking off my shoes.

I soon as I get in the most comfortable spot I can imagine, my phone rings.

I curse out loud and answer.

"What?" I say a little too aggresive.

"Hey, I'm sorry, did I catch you at a bad time?" Hotch says on the other line. I blush embarrassed and shake my head not realizing he can't see me.

"Y/L/N?" Hotch says and I answer again.

"No, sir. I'm sorry for getting an attitude. What is it?" I ask.

"You're okay, we have another case though. I volunteered to call you," Hotch says and I smile.

"I'll be right in."

I hang up and throw on a white v-neck and a pair of black jeans and head back to work.

I get me some coffee before heading to the round table and Spencer is already there.

"You're here early," I say and he nods.

"I'm never late," Spencer smirks and we head to the bullpen together.

"When does usually everyone else get here?" I asks filling the silence.

"Morgan, first, then J.J. then Rossi and Emily," Spencer says with ease and I nod.

"What about Garcia and Hotch?"

"Hotch gets here before me and Penelope gets here around the same time I do," Spencer says and drinks more of his coffee.

"Ah, I see."

I look up to see Derek walk through the door and I nod to him.

The sit in silence until J.J. walks in.

"You look exhausted," J.J. says and I laugh.

"Good to see you too."

Soon, everyone arrives and Penelope begins the briefing.

"White males, early twenties to late thirties in Ohio are being strangled to death in alleys across the town of Cleveland. Adam Honaker is the youngest, 23, James Hannigan, 31, and the oldest, George Brown, 39," Penelope says hastily.

"The age range for this person is all over the place," Rossi states the obvious.

"I know, and why would that be?" J.J. asks.

"Co-workers, maybe," I bring up.

"Potentially, wheels up in thirty," Aaron says and walks out the room.

We head out to the jet and I sit by myself, once again, ignoring everyone to get some sleep.

I wake up to find everyone getting unbuckled from their seats and I sat up, rubbing my eyes.

We all head to the hotel and get as much sleep as we can before we head to our designated spots.

I toss and turn, and decided to get up and walk around outside.

I walk around, scrolling through social media when I see a shadow out of the corner of my eye.

I look and out of habit reach for my gun that's not there.

"Hey, Y/L/N, what are you doing up this late?" I hear Aaron say and I relax.

"Hotch, you scared me. I couldn't sleep so went out to get fresh air," I smile.

"Sorry, you seemed to sleep pretty fast and hard on the jet, what's got you up?" Hotch asks and I shake my head.

"I don't know, exactly," I lie, knowing he's part of the problem, "You?"

"Jack wanted to call. He had a nightmare and Jessica couldn't calm him down," He answers.

"Aw, I'm sorry. Is he okay now?" I ask.

"Yeah, I talked to him for about an hour before he was falling asleep on the phone with me," Aaron smiles.

"Good."

We stand there silently for a few before he turns to go inside.

"Get some sleep, Y/N. Good night," He smiles and I nod.

"Wait!" I say and he stops.

"What is it?" He asks.

"Can we talk?" I ask.

"Can't it wait until tomorrow-" He says but I stop him.

"No. No, it can't."