#43

Jimin shoved his hands into his pocket and tapped his foot waiting for the elevator to come down. It's been so long since he visited Jungkook's place, even though they are in better terms now, Jimin felt a bit nervous.

Jimin had no choice but to come and collect the hard drive that Jungkook took from the producer earlier because it had Jimin's drafts in them as well. 

When the doors opened Jimin was a bit startled by Aera who stepped out. 

"Oh noona." Jimin gave a small smile. He knew that Aera didn't like him much after what happened with him and you. So it was kind of embarrassing for Jimin to face her. 

"Oh Jimina. What are you doing here?" she asked

"I came to collect something important from Jungkook. Hope he is home." Jimin replied running his hand through his hair. 

"I see. Well Jungkook just came home. I have to go now Jimin I'm getting late. See you later." Aera hurried off feeling a bit uncomfortable about Jimin going up. She hoped if you take it well and after all you had to face him one day. 

-

Jimin pressed the door bell twice but there was no answer. Jimin pulled his phone out to dial Jungkook's number, it rang and rang still there was no answer. He remembered that Aera saying that he just got in. 

Maybe he is in the shower.

Jimin thought and decided to go in since he knew the passcode. Once he opened the door and walked in he heard a high pitched happy laughter along with Jungkook's. That voice felt very familiar making him confused and curious. 

 As Jimin entered the hall he stilled when he saw you. You were there right in front of him, laughing so loudly locked in Jungkook's arms. Even though it was only for seconds Jimin noticed how happy you looked. 

It felt like he was seeing you for the first time because he have never seen you like this and he have never heard you laughing like this before. You have never looked so happy with him. It felt like a dream. After all these longing he was finally able to see you. 

His heartbeat started beating frantically, he wanted to crash you into his arms and kiss you all over your face and tell you how much he regretted the things he has done and to tell you that he was sorry and show you how much he loves you. He was willing to beg and crawl asking for another chance. Just one chance.

But the moment you looked up at him, he felt like his heart got stabbed over and over again when he saw your laugh got replaced with shock, fear and pain. Jimin's pain got so much worse after seeing you looking at him like that. And the way you whispered his name with so much pain made tears stung his eyes. 

He watched you take a step back as if you were trying to run away from him. He could see that you were tormented by his presence. But he couldn't help but stare at you. 

-

He's here!

Jimin is here!

Your heart started pounding so hard and it was painful for you to breathe. Seeing him brought back so many memories. Once again you were reminded of the love you shared, the hurt, the betrayal and the lies that you fought so hard to forget. 

Everything just came back in an instant. You didn't know what to do or what to say. You should have just forgotten the man who ruined you. But it was impossible to do it when you gave everything to him, sacrificed everything for him and specially when he was once your whole world. 

You met his eyes and he looked so different. He looked sad, dull and empty. You wanted to hide. You wanted to runaway. You didn't want to go back to hurting. And deep down you knew only you could free yourself from this misery.