Prologue

━━━━━━━━━━

🚫✋🏻 [Do not use my plot lines for your story!]

The minute before I died a picture arose in my mind like a chess constellation

The minute before I died a picture arose in my mind like a chess constellation. It was a picture of a red corn poppy field where I often used to play as a little child. The picture in my head had appeared out of nowhere, maybe a subconscious attempt of my body to suppress the enormous terror and fear within me.

It was more than horrific to find me in a state of paralyzation lying on the soft mattress of the hospital's bed, knowing it would just be a matter of time until my eyes would shut. I could hear the blood pumping in my ears and my eyes were wide as I stared at the blank ceiling above me, the picture of the red poppies still on my mind. As I felt my breathing becoming slower the sound of heels echoed through my head and made the picture blur.

I couldn't describe what I perceived or felt in this moment when I faded into a semi-conscious state. It was an odd feeling.

As someone sat down on the bed soft hands touched my arm and that was when my head started to spin at the contact. The trembling in my hands stopped, the waves of terror and fright soon didn't affect me anymore. I stopped questioning everything that was going on and that was happening to me right now but drifted into a peaceful sleep instead. The last thing I perceived was a soft voice from far away, whispering incomprehensible words in my ear.

Would I finally be free after all of this? Would I be safe? Would they forget about me?

Deep inside I knew everything was going to be alright.

I trust her.

━━━━━━━━━━