Chapter 1- Aaah!

If something is surrounded by || then the character is thinking that. 

Jackie's POV

"MOM!" I yelled. "Why did you and Dad replace the bag of ammunition with a bunch of rotten eggs?"

Mom hurried down the staircase and pounced on me. Luckily, I was prepared for it, using a mix of jabs, punches, and a flurry of kicks to defend myself. 

Mom smiled. "Looks like you're getting better, Jackie."

 I grinned. "Where's Dad?"  Mom sighed, but then smiled at me. "He's outside teaching Ava some defence techniques. Wanna go sneak-attack them?"

"Yesss!" I shouted. "Can I bring my staff, too?"

Mom laughed. "Sure, whatever you want!" Mom's eyes gleamed, making her eyes extra blue. She then went to stand by the door to wait for me. I sped up the stairs on a small indoor zipline, I took my staff that can turn into a whip or a dagger on my command. And only my command. It was a gift I had gotten for my 11th birthday, from Grandad and Gigi (Cyrus and his wife Ruth). I dashed outside with Mom. We were about to tackle Ava and Dad when he turned around kissed Mom and held me in his arms. I struggled to get out of his grip when Dad suddenly loosened his clutch, Ava and I quickly took this chance to tackle Dad. Unfortunately, we didn't notice when Dad widened his eyes and did the silent communication thing with Mom.  Little did we know that we were being watched...

 ... Mom spun around in shock, then gasped before a tranquillizer dart hit her in the back of the neck. Since Brandon and Sam were near, they witnessed Mom being shot. We, Dad, Ava, Brandon, Sam, and I immediately stopped what we were doing and we sprinted over to Mom. Dad was the first one there, though it didn't take long before we, the kids,  got there too. "Erica?" Dad asked, but before he could finish his sentence, he got shot too. So did Ava, Brandon, Sam, and I. The last thing I saw was a metallic silver hand before everything went black. 

|||||||/////|||\\\\\||||||

So, I know this was really bad, but thanks for reading! Until next time.