~32~

~Kunmi~

I was under a star patterned umbrella with Aminah. It was our day out, the one she had proposed when we slept over at her place. God knows I'd have loved to stay in the comfort of my room, on the comfort of my bed than to be sitting under this umbrella admist lots of others, rainbow patterned, deep blue sky patterned, the rising sun patterned, the setting sun patterned, all clustered together, a round table in each, with four chairs. They were lots of couples and friends around, talking, gisting and laughing over shared Pizzas, drinks and ice cream.

This place, B spot was built just two years ago under the Banks empire and because of its unusual and serene setting, it was quick to become the most popular hangout spot highland.

"Isn't it refreshing?" Aminah asked as she licked the chocolate ice cream off her spoon without a care in the world while I just sat opposite her, feeling self conscious, feeling the eyes of the guys under the umbrella beside on us, on me.

"I like this B spot ehn. It's so fine and cool." She continued, occasionally taking a spoon full of ice cream thereby leading to sudden breaks in between her words.

"Kunle brought me here the first month we started dating. It's just the perfect date spot."

Of course, it was. I looked around, to see the swimming pool at the left side, girls and boys were in the swimming pool while some were on the pool loungers, flaunting their perfect bodies while guys openly gawked at them. On the ride side was the Barbecue spot, people were there too, eating and talking away without a care while some were shaking their bodies to the music, Woman by Rema blaring from the unseen speaker. She was right, it's the perfect date spot.

"It looks even better when you're looking at it from the upper floors of the Banks tower."

I looked up at the Banks tower at her words and I had to conclude that the view must be better when watching from the upper floors of the skyscraper. I looked down to see her looking at me quizzically, her clear and deep black skin glistening slightly from the sun streaking in from the open spaces between the umbrellas.

"I'm sorry, these days I just feel like we don't really talk like we used to at the beginning and I don't know if it's something I've done wrong or......."

She trailed off and I frowned, wondering where that was coming from. This girl has been nothing but extraordinarily nice and kind to me since we met. I'd probably still be a loner if it wasn't for her. I'd probably never be this close to Adam.

"Of course not, you did nothing wrong."

I met her eyes and they looked uncertain, almost like she did not believe me.

"Really? Are you sure? I was starting to think I unknowingly did something that hurt you or anything."

"Nooo, you're my closest friend in this school. That's not going to change."

Our Queen Weirdo.

Why did I even think of that girl in this situation?

"Ehn ehn. I'm glad."

She said, her face lighting up as she smiled.

"I'm partially to be blamed tho. I'm always with Kunle. He can't....."

She trailed off, a totally different smile on her face as if she was remembering something private and I found myself smiling. There was always a slight joy in her voice and that little smile in her eyes whenever she talked about Kunle. The feature I'd associate to totally being smitten by him.