Emma

"You were hitting it off with the guitarist last night," Olivia said, sitting down next to me on the couch.

"He asked for my number."

She squealed. I guess I would too if I was her. She's been a fan of The Reckless for two years now.

"I can't believe Ethan Dolan asked for your number."

"You know he's from Boulder?"

"Yeah. That's how I became a fan. They had a show in Aurora and my cousin Kayla took me."

"That makes sense."

"Did he text you?"

I smiled. "Yeah."

"Emma!"

"What?"

"He's cute! You should talk to him."

"I don't know, Liv."

"Well, what did he say when he texted you?"

"He invited us to come see them rehearse next time they're in Boulder."

"Oh my gosh, Emma. We have to!"

I smiled again, knowing I'd get to see him again. "Yeah. That would be fun."

-

Olivia and I were eating lunch at a restaurant when I got another text from Ethan.

Ethan: just found out we have one more night in Toronto if you guys wanna come hang out

"What are you blushing at?" Olivia teased me. I chuckled.

"Ethan texted me asking if we wanna hang out with them tonight."

"Duh!"

Emma: sounds great. just let me know when and where :)

Ethan: 7 at the Novotel. text me when you get there, and I'll come to the lobby to get you.

Emma: we'll be there

Ethan: can't wait

-

So, we got to their hotel right at seven, and Ethan came to the lobby to get us. Sporting a black 'the strokes' t-shirt and jeans, he looked even more beautiful than he did in the dim light of the bar last night.

"Hey, guys," Ethan said, walking us the the elevator. He pushed the button for the top floor, and the door closed.

"Hey," I said. "Thanks for inviting us."

"No problem," he said. Leaning over so I could only hear him, he said, "I wanted to see you again anyway."

I smiled at him, feeling his hand on the small of my back.

The elevator reached the top floor, so Ethan led us to their penthouse suite.

It was huge.

Enough bedrooms for the four band members, plus their manager.

A living room, a kitchen, and even a terrace with an electric fire pit/seating area and a hot tub.

This was fancy.

"We're all drinking tonight. Do you two want to?"

"I'm down," Olivia said.

"I don't see why not."

Olivia already knew who the band members were, but Ethan formally introduced each of them to us.