epilogue

Emma

I knew Ethan was acting a tad strange when we got to Toronto.

Extra giddy, more cuddly, and a lot more kisses. I didn't mind, but it was almost to the point where he was being cheesy.

And then came the show.

I was a little confused when Olivia took my camera from me, but then Ethan came backstage to take my hand, guiding me onstage and telling me to sit down.

Next he explained to the crowd that I was his girlfriend, and the love of his life.

And then, he played his guitar as he looked at me and only me, and he sang the song that first brought us together.

Delicate by Taylor Swift.

I was speechless. Even more so when he gave someone else his guitar, took my hand and told me to stand up.

And in the best moment of my life, he got down on one knee.

Those five words were my favorite coming from him.

"Emma, will you marry me?"

"That might be a good idea," I said, smiling as a couple of tears escaped my eyes.

Ethan smiled, slipping the beautiful ring onto my finger before he stood up, and we hugged. He spun around in a circle before setting me down, and then we kissed.

Even in a room full of thousands of people, it felt like just us two.

That's all I've ever needed.