Ethan

From the second I saw Emma, I knew she was something I hadn't seen before.

She was different than anyone else I'd ever met.

I saw her intently watching the boys and I play the dive bar, and I knew I had to talk to her after the set.

So, I did.

It was a pleasant surprise to hear that she lived in Denver, about thirty minutes from where I grew up in Boulder, Colorado.

I think one of the reasons I found her so intriguing was that she didn't try to throw herself at me.

She let me make my way to her, which I liked.

The conversation between us flowed easily, and she was fun to hang out with. She was fun to drink with too.

Laying in my bed, talking and drinking together while staring at the ceiling made me feel like we were under the stars, and the rest of the world was on the other side of the door.

It was just the two of us, and the outside world didn't need to exist in those moments.

Emma ended up crashing in my bed, but not after another round of sex, plus cuddling and talking until we fell asleep.

Well, until she fell asleep. My mind was racing with thoughts about everything. The way she looked, the way she felt, and even the amount of fun I had just talking and hanging out with her.

I could've laid there and talked to her forever, and I'm not even exaggerating. I totally would if it was possible.

The next morning was met with shared kisses and a conversation that ended with 'see you in three weeks'.

That was when I'd be back in Colorado. Emma and I already had each other's numbers, so we could keep in touch.

I already knew how much I adored her. I even kind of missed her already within fifteen minutes of them leaving.

Emma had their drive home, and the band had our flight to the east coast. Specifically Portland, Maine.

It was a short flight, so once we landed I texted Emma to make sure her long car ride was going okay.

Ethan: how's the drive been?

Emma: olivia sucks at driving

Ethan: at least you're in the passenger seat so you can text me back ;)

Emma: true
Emma: how was your flight

Ethan: good. Show tomorrow night and then a break for a few days before the next show in Charlotte.

Emma: good luck. Can't wait to hear about how it goes

Ethan: thanks, Emma. I can't wait to see you again. Maybe take you somewhere nice

Emma: like a date

Ethan: that's what I was hoping :)

-

Emma

"You're all smiles today, Emma," Olivia commented as she drove.

My smile grew bigger. "Ethan's texting me."

"You guys disappeared last night."

I giggled. "I know."

"What were you guys doing?"

"Talking. Taking shots. Enjoying each other's company."

"You know, I haven't seen you like this in a long time."