2. Sleep Over

Ren's Room^^

Ren's POV

"I like your room." Emily said looking around

"Thanks," I said laughing, "I should change it, it's been the same since I was 8." I said looking around.

After we all had showers, Emily, Sonja, Ashley and I were all in our pj's on the swing outside on the porch.

"Wow, this thing is so neat." Emily said

"Thanks, my mom and dad made it from our old trampoline." I said stuffing my face with some more chips.

"I'm going to have to bug my brother to make me one." Emily said laughing.

"I'm out of popcorn." Sonja complained.

"Well, I've got to pee, come on." Ashley said to her. You'd think Sonja was the underclassmen out of the two of them, but Ashley was a junior and Sonja was the senior.

After they left I had a burning question I wanted to ask Emily.

"Hey Emily, I don't want to intrude and you don't have to tell me if you don't want to, but all I've heard you talk about was your brother, where are your parents?" I asked hoping I wasn't over-stepping.

"Oh, they- um- they died a few years ago. Ezra was 18 so he takes care of me now, well him and Julia, his wife." She said quietly.

"I'm sorry for bringing up." I said feeling horrible.

"No it's ok, just please don't say anything, I don't want to be known as the girl who lost her parents again. I can't stand the looks of pity." She replied.

"No worries, I won't." I replied wondering if that was the reason why they moved here.

Ashley and Sonja came back about the time Mom walked out with 2 boxes of Pizza. 

"You sure know the way to my heart Momma." I said making grabby hands for the boxes.

"Uh-huh.. just make sure you girls don't get pizza sauce on the porch bed, or all 4 of you will be out here with stain sticks.. again." She threatened making me laugh.

"We'll be careful this time Mrs. J." Ashley said shoving a piece of pizza in her mouth.

"Sure you will." Mom said winking at us before going back inside.

"Where is the pizza place at? We couldn't find any restaurant's around here." Emily asked

"Well you know the one gas station in town," She nodded her head, "Well it has a deli inside and they make pizzas too. Their really good, only down side is they don't deliver." I said laughing.

Emily nodded her head, chuckling while eating.

About an hour later after eating both pizza's and giving Emily the run down of the entire student body Ashley got a ping on her phone.