17. Some Scars Cut Deep

Ezra's POV

As I walked into our bedroom, Jules became defensive and growled at me before she realized it was me.

She calmed down and mind-linked me.

She's been hurt pretty bad. Please tell me you made those bastards pay. She said

"I did, I promise you that, for everything they did to her and everyone they took from us." I reassured her.

She went back to licking Ren's wounds and I helped move her to her side so she could get the ones on her back. 

Once she was finished I put a pair of Julia's shorts and one of my shirts on Ren.

Afterwards Jules and I got into the shower, she cried while I held her. She cried for our parents and pack mates they killed, and she cried for the pain our little mate went through.

Tomorrow I had to call Ren's parents, but for tonight we just wanted to hold our mate close.

Ren's POV

I woke up and felt warm. I opened my eyes and look around, I was in our bed at the pack house.

Julia and Ezra were both clinging to me.

I tried to move, but felt held down and I freaked out a bit causing them both to wake up.

"Hey, it's ok. Your safe." Julia said

I looked at her and started crying. "Please tell me this isn't a dream." I said.

"No dream love, your here, your safe." She said hugging me.

"Em?" I asked looking up at Ezra

"She's fine." He said smoothing my hair back.

"I-I'm s-sorry, I couldn't s-stop them." I stuttered balling my eyes out.

"Shh.. baby girl it's not your fault. It's ok." Julia said.

"Do..Do you.. If you don't..I'll understand." I said trying to get the words out.

"We always want you little one. Don't say things like that. We love you." Ezra said feeling my emotions through the bond.

Julia nodded her head in agreement and I clung closer to them.

"We need to call your parents." Ezra said.

"Ok." I said clinging to Julia as he got up to make the call.

Emily came in and got in bed with me and Julia.

"You saved me Ren. I can't thank you enough for what you did." Emily said

"How did I change into a wolf?" I asked no one in particular.

"We think it has to do with both Ezra and I marking you. Your wolf is beautiful white with black." Julia said.

"So I'm a freaking Dalmatian?" I asked and Julia busted out laughing. 

"No, more like yin and yang. No spots." She assured me.

Ezra, Julia, Emily and I went back to their house as they knew Mom and Dad wouldn't understand all of the pack living in one house together.

Us three girls went up to our bed room and laid down.

The whole time I refused to let go of Julia. 

About 30 minutes later Ezra walked in with my Mom and Dad behind him.

"Oh my baby." Mom said coming over to me.

"Are you girls ok? What happened?" My Dad asked going into police mode.

"One of my cousins is great with computers, I put a call out to him when they went missing to keep an eye out online. He called me early this morning. He got a hit off of one of their pictures, they were on a website....for sale. I didn't want to get your hopes up so I rounded up a couple of guys and we went to the location he was able to get off of the pictures. We found them there." Ezra said with so much conviction I almost believed him.

"What about the men holding them?" My Dad asked

"The burning house the next town over." Was all Ezra said.

"As a lawman I should see a problem with that, as a father, I hope they suffered." He said reading between the lines.

"They did, I assure you." Ezra replied.

"Come on honey, lets get you home." Mom said and I panicked.

It became hard to breathe and I clutched Julia tighter to me.

"They hurt her." Emily said quietly. "She protected me." She added.

"I called the new doctor from the clinic, he checked them out, physically they are fine, but Ren won't let go of Julia. He said it may take some time for her to feel normal again. Julia makes her feel safe." Ezra explained

"I wished I got the chance to kill them myself." My Dad said his face turning red of anger.

After about 8 hours of trying to coax me to come home, they realized I wasn't letting go of Julia.

They left with the condition I wouldn't leave unless I called them first so they could come get me.