14. Taken

Ren's POV

I felt useless and I didn't know what to do to help. Ezra and Julia were both busy working, with the coordination and boldness of the attack Julia told me she wanted me to stay with them. 

So I texted my Mom that I was staying at Emily's for a few days and all she said was to have fun.

It was almost time for Ezra to pick up Emily from school, but I decided I would so he could focus on the Rogues.

I walked to his office in the pack house and knocked on the door.

I heard him say come in and I opened the door to see him and a bunch of warriors sitting around a table.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt." I said

"It's ok, can I help you with something?" Ezra asked

"No, actually I was wanting to help you, it's almost time to pick up Emily and I thought maybe I could go get her so you could work." I said shyly. Not liking being center of attention.

"That sounds great Ren, Thank you." He said and motioned for me to come over to him.

I walked over to him and when I got within reach he pulled me to him and gave me a quick kiss and handed his keys to me since my truck was at his house.

I walked out and shut the door behind me. 

I was wearing a pair of yoga pants with gym shoes and simple long t-shirt. I thought about changing into pants, but thought better of it and went down and got in Ezra's car.

It took me 10 minutes to get the seat moved so I could touch the pedals. A few people snickered as they walked by. 

"Not all of us are giants." I mumbled causing them to laugh out loud.

Stupid wolf hearing, I thought to my self.

I got in the pick-up line at the high school and saw Emily bound over to the car. When she opened the door she was shocked to see me. I wasn't surprised since the windows are so freaking dark you can't see who's driving.

"Hey, I didn't know you were picking me up." She said.

"Yea, well Ezra's been in meetings all day and I figured I'd at least be useful." I laughed.

We started driving back to the pack house when we were side swiped. The last thing I remembered before blacking out was Emily screaming.

Julia's POV

I was helping the pack doctor with checking our supplies incase of another attack when I felt fear and pain ripple through the mate bond.

"Ren." I mumbled and dashed through the pack house to see an equally freaked out Ezra.

"Where is she?" I asked him.

"She went to pick up Emily from school." He said running out of the house.

I followed him and we jumped into one of the packs cars we keep on hand.

He drove down the road and 15 minutes from the pack house on a secluded road was his car.

It was flipped on it's top and I could smell traces of blood, Ren's and Emily's.

I threw myself out of the car before Ezra could bring it to a complete stop and ran over. 

They both were gone.

"We have to get this moved before someone reports it." Ezra said mind-linking some pack members.

"What are we going to do, Ren's parents are going to notice she's missing. Maybe we should just call the sheriff." I said.

"Right. I forgot about that." He said pulling out his cell phone.

It wasn't long before Ren's father, the sheriff, showed up and we told them that Ren went to get Emily from school, but when they didn't show we went looking for them only to find the car.

With the drag marks and tire tracks it's obvious what happened. They were taken.

Seeing Ren's Father break down was heart wrenching. 

Both girls were just gone.