5. The Last Game

Julia's POV

It was Friday, the last softball game of the season, it was a home game. Ezra and I had went to the other one Tuesday night that was an away game. As well as both practices this week. Just trying to get a glimpse of our little mate and talking to her as much as we could without coming across as weird. 

We had become close with her over the past week. The mate bond helping tremendously.

Being a she-wolf; I'm 5'11 while Ezra is 6'3 so the fact that she's 5'6 is adorable to me. She is so perfect, and nice to everyone around her. 

I'll admit, I got a little jealous when other girls would get close to her, but I had to keep reminding myself that they were her team mates. 

Of course Ezra found this highly amusing. Until a male was talking to her, then the tables got turned on him. 

The girls had won 9 to 8. I found myself cheering for a game I had never really paid any attention to before. 

Ren's addiction to concession food made me laugh. For a human she certainly ate like a werewolf.

Ren was talking to her parents, well more like arguing and I couldn't help it, I listened in.

"I'm just worried honey, what if that boy retaliates while were gone and your home alone. Our flight leaves tomorrow, maybe you should come with us." Her Mother said.

"No Mom, he won't, I already talked to him, it was a misunderstanding, we're good. Plus no one knows you'll be gone and I'd really like to stay here." Ren whispered looked around to make sure no one heard her.

"I don't know honey, boys are stupid when it comes to their pride." Her Mom said unsure.

Did you hear? I asked Ezra through the mind-link

Yea. I think their talking about the party and Ryder. he replied

Maybe this could work to our advantage. I said getting up and walking over to Ren and her Mother. While Ezra shook his head and chuckled at my interference.

Call me stupid all you want, I didn't like the thought of our little mate being half way around the world from us.

"Hi, we met earlier this week, I'm Julia, Emily's sister. I couldn't help but overhear, I'm sorry. If your worried about leaving her, I can look in on her, or she could even stay with us if she wants." Ren gave me smile and mouthed 'thank you' while her mother's back was turned. 

"Are you sure it won't be any trouble?" Her mother asked.

"Oh, I'm sure." I said beaming.

"See, Julia will check in on me, I'll be fine at home." Ren said assuring her mother.

"Ok, I'll have Ren pack a bag and send her over tonight since we leave early in the morning." Her mother said turning back to Ren, "Make sure you give me their address and phone numbers before you leave and call me when you get to their house ok." Her mother said turning back to her.

"Fine." Ren said going over to her truck.

"Want me to come with you? That way I'll know where you live, Ezra can take Em home." I said grasping at straws.

"Oh that sounds nice." Ren's mother said with a smile.

Ren smiled at me and shook her head and motioned for me to get in. I've noticed she's a lot like Ezra. 

I'm going home with Ren, We'll be home later. I mind-linked Ezra jumping in her truck.

Your something else. Ezra chucked back.

Get the guest room next to ours ready please. I told him cheerfully as our little mate skillfully shifted gears.

"I wish I could drive a gear shift." I said making conversation.

"I can teach you if you want." Ren replied.

After we got to her house I followed her to her room and was in love with it. It was totally her. My little redneck mate.

Ren took a shower and came back in, in just a towel.

My eyes darkened with lust and I held my wolf back as I was itching to touch her.

She got dressed in just panties then dropped her towel, I had to look away to keep from jumping her.

"I'm sorry, I wasn't thinking, sorry if I made you uncomfortable, I'm just use to changing in the locker rooms." Ren said shrugging.

"No, not all, I was just giving you some privacy." I said smiling at her. She had bigger boobs than I did and I wanted nothing more than to touch them.

Ren got dressed in pj pants and a baggy dark t-shirt with a pair of UGGs.

After she got a small bag and a toiletry bag packed, I asked her, "Are you sure that's all your gonna need for a week?"

"Well probably not, but if I need anything I can just come back home, it's only 30 minutes away." She replied shrugging.

I helped her get her stuff down the stairs as I reassured her mother that I would take care of her and wrote down our address and phone numbers as she said good-bye to her Mom and Dad.

I went out to the truck and got an idea. I got in and placed her bags next to the passenger door while I sat in the middle. A bit forward, I'll admit. But I wanted to be close to her.

Ren came out and got in the truck, "You could have put the bags in the back, it might get cramped when I shift gears." She said 

"Oh, that's ok, I didn't want to lose any of your stuff." I lied

"Alright, but you'll have to put one leg on my side and straddle the shifter. And I promise I don't mean anything when if I get too close for comfort." She replied chuckling.

"Ok." I said spreading my legs over the shifter.

Ren shifted the truck in to first and we pulled out of the driveway. By the time we got on the road she had shifted in to third I was ready to explode. Her hand was on the shifter skimming my leg because of the rumble of the truck. 

She shifted into forth gear and laid her arm on my leg, still holding the shifter.

I laid my head on her shoulder. "I think my sleepiness is catching up with me." I half-lied.

Ren chucked. "Go to sleep if you want, I'll wake you up when we get there." She said.

I didn't sleep, I was hyper aware of everything, even with my eyes closed. 

I felt the truck stop and Ren shift into park. "Hey we're here." She said softly, rubbing my scalp. I purred at the touch, it was soothing.

Ren pulled out her phone and called her Mom to let her know we had arrived.

When we got in the house, Ezra had dinner on the table.

"Pizza." Ren said smiling as she dropped her stuff and grabbed a box.

"Hey share." Emily said pouting. 

"There's like 4 boxes, this one is mine." Ren said turning her body to block the box from Emily.

Emily chased her around the kitchen table while Ren ate piece after piece. 

Ezra caught Ren by her waist, trapping her while he stole a piece of Pizza from her box.

"Hey!" Ren exclaimed.

"Don't touch my box!" She said laughing.

"My box." Ezra whispered in her ear as she shivered. 

I knew the double meaning and smirked. 

Our Box. I told him through the mind-link.

All ours baby. He replied smugly.