Uncovering

Word count: 1119

-----

"Are you sure you don't want me to walk you home?" Mark offered as they stood in front of the restaurant. "I don't like you going home alone in the dark... What if something happens? Who's gonna produce our tracks?" He joked.

"I'm fine, really. I've been doing it for years, what's another night? And I'm pretty sure they'll be able to find someone willing to produce a SuperM album." She rolled her eyes. Laughing, he seemed reluctant.

"If you're sure. Just text me when you get home, okay?" She nodded, willing to cooperate just so he would stop worrying. "Actually, on that note," he continued, "Maybe I should make a group chat with everyone? That would definitely make things easier, especially if we're sneaking around behind the company, y'know?" She almost laughed at the thought. If that wasn't some twelve year old's fantasy, she didn't know what was. Still, if Mark thought it would be helpful, who was she to complain? It was his little endeavor, after all.

"Yeah, that's fine, I guess."

"You know," he posed, already taking out his phone to start it, "I would have thought you'd be more excited, what with us being famous and all." She shrugged.

"Don't get me wrong, I think you're all very talented, and I'm very much a fan, but after working this close to so many celebrities for so long, you learn not to overreact. I mean, if I screamed every time I saw a famous person, I'd be fired."

"Touché. Anyway, I just started it, so give it a minute and the boys will start texting. It'll make me feel better, too, since you'll be texting on your way back." Shutting the screen and putting it in his pocket, he looked over, offering, "I'll see you tomorrow?" She didn't exactly know why they'd be seeing each other tomorrow, as she had work, but she didn't want to argue.

"Sure, see you later." They walked off in opposite directions, Y/N towards her home, and Mark assumedly towards wherever his residence was. It was only seconds before she felt her phone buzz, pulling it out to see the group chat. They couldn't name the chat, as not all of them had the same brand of phone, so the title was full of random numbers, as well as the names Mark, Taeyong, and Lucas. Mark had been the first to text.

Mark: Heyyyy

Mark: So, this should be everyone

[Unknown 1]: I thought we had a group chat already

[Unknown 2]: Yeah, and the smaller group chat that we made without you

[Unknown 1]: Haha, very funny

[Unknown 2]: I wasn't kidding, but okay I guess :/

Lucas: Wait, I'm not in the smaller group chat :(

​​​​​​​ Mark: There is no smaller group chat, they're messing with you

Lucas: That sounds like something that someone who didn't want me in the second chat would say

[Unknown 1]: Who's the seventh number?

[Unknown 3]: Probably Y/N

[Unknown 1]: Who?

Mark: Oh my God if you guys would just chill out for THREE seconds I could explain

Taeyong: Ohh yeah that must be Y/N

Lucas: Yeah she's in my phone