Red-Eye

Word count: 1624

-----

"This is ridiculous." Y/N grumbled, leaning back in her chair and putting a hand to her forehead. Her back was aching and her eyes were desperately trying to close, throat dry and irritated. Looking to the top right corner of her monitor, she took passing note of the time- 11:20 PM. She wanted nothing more than to go home and fall asleep, but her work ethic was forcing her to do otherwise.

When she had first returned to the studio, she tried to start her personal track. Running into some creativity issues, (as she didn't want to copy it completely), she moved back to a different song, one that wasn't hers. It was surprisingly more easy to deal with someone else's work, and soon she had most of the backing done. Obviously she didn't have the vocals, but that wasn't too much of a concern. Then, she tried the new song again.

This process continued for every song, avoiding the new one until she absolutely had to finish working on it. Now, it was dark out, she was the only one in the studio, and she was still trying to figure out what to do. She had already imported her old files, (which she thought were embarrassingly mediocre to say the least). She started by trying to change the instrumentation, but hated it. She thought about messing with some of the lyrics, also hated it. Changed the beat? Hated it. It was frustrating her more and more. Standing up for the first time in hours, she went to go take a bathroom break- something few and far between for her.

Picking up her phone she walked down the hall, opening it up. Realizing she had several texts and a missed call, she typed in her password, clicking in. It was on the group chat.

Mark: Hey Y/N, I'm gonna head out for the day- see you tomorrow!

Kai: Yeah, all our meetings are done and stuff so I'm gonna dip too

The timestamp had been the early evening for those two texts, but scrolling down, there were a few more.

Mark: Is everything alright? We haven't heard from you all day

Taeyong: She doesn't want to answer

Lucas: She's probably just busy

Taemin: If you're so worried how about you start by not spamming her phone?

Sighing, she remembered how she'd basically been ignoring her phone all day. When she got into a job, she just really couldn't get out of it until she was done. Still, she didn't want them to worry. Even though it was horrendously late, she affirmed her okay-ness.

Y/N: Hii, sorry, I've been super busy with the tracks and all, just got a chance to look at my phone

It didn't even take another two minutes for them to respond as she finished up in the bathroom. She wasn't exactly sure why they were up, but they nonetheless were.

Mark: You didn't use it on the way home??

Y/N: I'm not at home

Mark: Oh

Mark: Where did you go then??

Baekhyun: It's a little early in the week to be partying, don't you think

Y/N: Very funny. I'm not partying, I'm still at the office

Lucas: Are you serious?? It's like midnight

Mark: You haven't left at all? Did you go get dinner?

Y/N: I just told you, I've been busy, it's fine- I have one more track to work on and then I'll head out