Kidnapped

Word count: 1071

-----

"I have to be honest, Y/N..." Mark said, now sitting on the floor next to her. He was leaning against the door while she sat forward, hands on her knees. She had told him the whole story, even the Taemin part, as embarrassing as it was. She told him what Taeyong said in their fight, what she was thinking, all of it. Now, he was trying to offer her the little advice he could come up with.

"I kind of see where Taeyong is coming from." Her eyebrows angled in confusion. She would have thought for sure that at least Mark would be on her side. Couldn't he see that Taeyong was being irrational.

"Huh?"

"I mean..." He sighed, obviously trying to think of the proper way to say it. "What he said is true, he's been working really hard to be a producer and an idol. I can see why it might be frustrating if someone who seemingly has less experience gets picked over you. From his perspective, you haven't worked for this at all."

"But I'm working hard, I-" He raised a hand, cutting her off.

"I know, we all know. No one's trying to say you're not. But you haven't been with the company as long, and you haven't been doing this specific type of work for as long as he has. It can be grating."

"I... I guess I didn't think about that." She muttered, eyes glancing to the right.

"If anything, I think he's just disappointed." Mark said. "It sounds like he really liked you, I think he hoped that you two could work together on the album, and maybe on the discography as a whole. He was just as excited about you as I was at the beginning. He was worried because he thought he was competing with me and Lucas for your attention, and then, well... When you went straight for Taemin, I think he took it as an insult. He's a bit ethereal to Taeyong, older, more experienced, it makes him feel inadequate when he doesn't get picked because of stuff like that. He's probably just taking it out on you." She ran a hand through her hair nervously.

"I never would have realized, oh, God..." She breathed, keeping her hand upwards of her face. "I've really messed this up, huh."

"Yeah, you have." He agreed with a quick nod. Lightly hitting him on the shoulder, she laughed, sniffling a bit in the process.

"Shut up, you're not supposed to agree with me." He laughed as well, consoling her.

"Don't worry, it'll all work out." Just as he said this, he fell backwards. Turning quickly to the side, she saw him practically laying on the ground, halfway into the next room. He had been laying on the door, which was now open. Taeyong quickly stepped over him, saying nothing as he half-sprinted down the hallway. Sitting up quickly, Mark turned to her with wide eyes.

"You didn't tell me he was in there!"

"I- I didn't think- I forgot that-"

"Crap! Do you think he heard any of that?"

"I mean, he may have had headphones on, I guess?" Shaking his head and covering his eyes, he groaned.

"He is not gonna be happy that I told you some of that." Standing, he offered her a hand to help her up. Taking it, she stood as well, putting a hand on her hip.

"So what now?" She asked.

"Well, I guess we go back to what I came here to get you for. We can handle that later." He breathed. "We have a meeting about the tour."

"And... I have to be there for that?"

"Well, yeah, duh. You're our producer, now, you might even be there for some of the tour." As they walked up to the conference rooms, he explained how things like this normally worked, and how it might be different because of their situations. Once they made it to the elevator, though, they were interrupted. Surprisingly, it was Baekhyun that walked up, pulling Mark just slightly away from her.

"Hey, Ten said he needed your help packing up in the dance studio, so you might wanna head back down." Mark's head tilted slightly.

"But-"

"No worries, I'll take her up to the meeting. And I'll let them know you two might be a few minutes late."

"Okay, but-"

"Thanks!" Baekhyun said quickly, opening the elevator and ushering her in. "You're a huge help!" Before he could even argue, the doors shut, leaving her alone with Baekhyun.

"Sorry," he laughed. "That was a lie, I hope he's not mad he has to walk all the way down there."

"I'm... what's going on?" She asked, confused beyond belief. It wasn't as if she hadn't talked to Baekhyun before, and she had started to think she was getting used to his weird tendencies, but this felt strange.

"You're gonna come and have a little chat with Kai and I."

"Kai and me." She corrected.

"Yeah, I just said that. Anyway, it shouldn't take long, and it looks like everyone's gonna be late to the meeting anyway."

"What even is this meeting you're all talking about? I know it's for the concert, but like, with who? Is it big, or planning, or just telling us what's happening? For this being a business, it's pretty disorganized." She commented, watching as the doors slid open. They were on the conference floor, although at this point she wasn't sure if he had simply taken her there so that Mark would see the elevator light arrive on the correct floor. Pulling her along by the elbow, he opened a door on the left side of the hallway, slipping in and dragging her behind him.

He flipped on the lights, revealing Kai sitting on the table, one leg propped up and the other stabilizing him on the ground. He looked over as they entered, saying nothing, but offering a nod of his head.

"You're just sitting in here in the dark?" Baekhyun asked with a laugh. The man shrugged.

"Problem?"

"No, no," He pulled her over to the table, removing a table out from under the chair and offering it to her in an ironically gentlemanly fashion. She sat, looking between the two with a bit of unease. Sitting across from her, Baekhyun held his hands out as if waiting for something.

"Well?" He said. "Talk."