Part 13 - A New End for a New Beginning

I tried to collect my thoughts many times, but I never actually got a hang of it.
Instead, I decided to just get up and walk back to my dorm, hoping I would make sense of what happened that night later.

Nobody managed to see me walk in, and I made my way towards the Slytherin dorms with one less problem bothering me. Not that it made much of a difference.

As I entered the common room, my mind was still in knots.

There were very few people in there and I decided to sit down in one of the armchairs, hoping I could rest my mind for a couple of seconds.

"You have to be kidding me."

I opened my eyes, realizing Malfoy was sitting on the couch right next to me.
His back was turned towards me as I entered the room, and even if it wasn't, I probably would have been too caught up in my own thoughts to notice him.

"What?" I rolled my eyes, expecting his response.

His eyes went from my torso back to my eyes in complete disbelief. He looked at me for a couple of seconds, then just got up and left

What the hell was his problem?

I huffed annoyed, and closed my eyes for a couple of seconds, trying to figure out what to do next.

"Jesus, Kaiye," I hear Maura and am forced once again to open my eyes, "What's up with the Gryffindor jacket?"

Oh, fuck.

I completely forgot to give Harry his jacket back. How was I even supposed to do that in the next couple of days?
Not only did I not want to talk to him, I couldn't just bring it by while Hermione, Ron or Ginny were there and just hand it to him...

"It's um," I rubbed the side of my forehead, "I think Ron left it at dinner, I need to get it back to him."

"So why are you wearing it?" she asked with disgust clear on her face.

"Because I'm cold?"

How complicated does it have to be?

"I'll give you my jacket if you need one, please just take that off. It's not a good look for us," she stood up and walked away. 

I didn't even move a finger, so you can guess how upset I got over her little comment.
If I wanted to wear that all day every day I would, but I knew that I couldn't for different reasons.

"That is one ugly-ass jacket," Pike said, sitting down where Malfoy was sitting before, as he joined the group of people that tried to piss me off while I tried to rest.

"But?" I asked hopefully.

"But with a different letter and different colors it can look great on you."

I laughed.

"That's so nice of you, Pike."

"Right?" he smirked, "But listen Adonis, I really wanted to ask you something - I need some help with that paper on spell comparison..."

"The one that's due tomorrow morning?"

He nodded.

"Why am I not surprised?" I rolled my eyes playfully.

"I'll make sure Nott brings you something special to that party we're having in your room if you help me."

The smirk he had on his face made me a bit uneasy about whatever he was talking about. What could he even bring? A different type of alcohol?

"It's okay Pike, I will help you without a reward. Just show me what you have so far."

I already had my essay written, and it was really not too difficult. Pike stood up and I followed him towards his room. As we walked through the hallways, I saw Malfoy, and then I saw a black-haired girl behind him. We made eye contact, and a small smirk appeared on his face as he disappeared with her into on of the rooms.
What was that about? And who was she?
I didn't know Malfoy had a girlfriend.