Part 15 - The Quidditch Game

I had my scarf tightly wrapped around my neck, not only to protect me from the awful weather but to comfort me once I started feeling my emotions in my throat, which was inevitable.
The Quiddich viewing towers were already full of students and professors when we arrived, but I followed Hermione and Ron to the changing rooms because they wanted to wish Harry good luck.

I was nervous. Not only have I not spoken to him for a few days, but I made an effort to never be left anywhere alone with him. I haven't even gone outside the castle much, which was really tough as I really enjoyed my walks. It was just too risky. I've already hurt myself enough by letting him into my mind, and I wasn't planning on adding to my pain.

"I always get so worried when they let them play in such terrible weather," Hermione said concerned, as we walked towards the changing rooms.

"Harry will be fine, Hermione. A little wind won't hurt any of them," Ron comforted her as we walked by little groups of students.

"Harry's fine with a lot of things," I thought to myself, "I'm sure wind won't bother him either."

It was really strange. I understand someone having a one night stand - I don't approve of it when you're in a relationship, but I can understand that some people can cheat and sleep with someone and then never talk about it.
But why would you cheat on someone by kissing? It didn't make any sense to me.
It's not that I wanted him to go further, it's just that I couldn't make out what he wanted to achieve by that...

Was he just too much of a coward to go further?

Yet, whenever I asked myself that question, I remembered who it was about. Harry Potter. He wasn't someone who was ever a coward. It didn't make any sense for him to become one for such a small thing. 

"He seems so out of it these days," Hermione continued.

"What do you mean?" I asked her.

"I don't know... He's just acting... strange."

There was a small part of me that hoped that he actually acted that way because he was thinking about everything that has happened, but I ignored it. It wasn't very likely either way.

We got closer to the changing rooms. There were people walking in and out of them and the hallway was as busy as ever. The warm interior was a huge contrast to the prestorm weather that was blooming just outside the walls, the change in the temperature making me feel a bit uneasy.

"Excuse me," Hermione said, pushing by a couple of guys as she entered the changing room.

"Harry!" She ran towards him and gave him a hug.

The changing room was full of players who were already dressed and ready to go. On my left were people from my house, and I managed to spot Malfoy and Pike from the corner of my eye. They didn't notice me at first, so I decided not to approach them yet.

As Ron finished wishing Harry all the best, I realized that it only made sense for me to walk up to him as well. Once he looked at me I could feel his energy change, but I couldn't tell if it was as obvious to the others as it was to me.
He rubbed his fingers against his palms, as if he was nervous, but waited for me to say hello first.

"Hey Harry," I said, giving him a small hug in order not to make a big deal in front of the others.

"Hi," he said softly.

"Harry, are you sure you are okay?" Hermione worried.

He looked at her, "Yeah, yeah, I'm fine."

His answer didn't sound too confident to me, but it looked like he just wanted her to drop it.

"Ten more minutes until the game starts!"