Part 18 - The Party (Part 2)

We did a few more rounds of Truth or Dare, but luckily, I never got chosen.

But even though I didn't get chosen, I took sips of my drink every now and then, trying to erase my memories of that night and it was going quite well.

"Kaiye, are you okay?" Pike asked me, but I barely made out his words from how drunk he was as well.

"Mhmm," I mumbled, nodding my head with a huge grin across my face.

My eyes felt really heavy, and I could only imagine how I looked to others.

"I think we're all prepared," Nott said, putting his left hand in his pocket.

When he pulled it out, there were some sort of pills in it.

"What are those?" the words left my lips before I even got a chance to think about them.

"Have you ever done drugs Kaiye?" Nott looked me straight in the eyes.

I looked at him confused for a few seconds.

"I've smoked weed...?" I shrugged, "I haven't really gone further than that..."

"Well, trust me," he laughed, "This is much better than weed."

He started handing out the small pills to everyone and one eventually landed in my hand.

"Nott, maybe she shouldn't do this if she hasn't-" Zabini started saying.

"Come on Blaise," Nott tapped his shoulder, "She's not a baby."

I watched as he sat back down. Then he looked at me.

"Are you scared Kaiye?" he asked me, but I shook my head.

"What is this exactly though?"

"It's called dica. Kid of like acid, but it's based on magic. So it's not as bad for you."

I gulped.
I never thought about doing acid.
But then I thought about the pill.
The only thing that made me even consider taking it was that it was based on magic, not something that would be more damaging to my body.

"What if I have a bad trip?" I asked, looking back at Nott.

"Don't worry, you won't," he sounded confident, "The lights, the light music... we set everything up for it to be a good one."

"Plus we're here to take care of you," Pike moved a strand of my hair behind my shoulder.

"As if that should make me feel better," I laughed, "But okay."

He placed the pill onto his tongue and downed it with the dark alcohol. The rest of the guys followed.

"Are you sure it's okay to mix it with alcohol?"
It didn't sound like the best idea to me.

"That's what triggers it," Pike explained.

I examined the small pill in my fingers. It didn't seem dangerous at all as I looked at it.
How bad could it be after all?

I quickly popped it into my mouth and downed it with what was left in my cup.

Some of the guys seemed to be affected right away. Crabbe and Goyle, for example, were batting their eyelashes - blinking constantly, yet slowly, squeezing their eyes every time their eyelids hit the bottom of their eye sockets.

"Pike, are you okay?" I asked, as I watched his hands begin shaking.

"I'm great," he replied, but he didn't seem like himself anymore.

I started getting worried.

"Am I supposed to feel something by now?" I turned to Nott, who had his eyes closed, his head leaning back.