Chapter 2, Obvious Devineaux

just @ me if u wanna join the Burgeroiz fam discord server

---Where in the world is Sandiego?---

Julia and Devineaux were currently spying on what they believed was a VILE operative, in a small cafe in Londonderry, Ireland. The man they were watching wore civilian clothes, but Devineaux had recognized him as one of his kidnappers.

"I need to go to the restroom, call me if he leaves Argent" Devineaux whispered.

Julia gave him thumbs up and he left quickly.

Not even half a minute later someone else sat down in his seat. Julia looked up quickly, about to tell the person that the seat wasn't available.

Barely an arm's length away from her sat Carmen Sandiego. Julia stared into the woman's eyes that captivated her once more. Initially, she started staring at her now, fully gray colored eyes. Then unexpectedly, found herself staring at her lips. Full and red; red like everything else Carmen wore, and now Julia understood why. Red was very flattering, and very attractive on her.

"Hey Jules~" Carmen Sandiego said, grinning happily. 

Carmen's greeting snapped her out of her thoughts.

"What are you doing here Carmen?" Julia hissed, looking around if anyone had realized who Carmen was.

"Just dropping by, felt like I should say hello to my favorite agent" Carmen said and placed a elbow on the table.

"O-oh uhm... nice to see you too? But you should really go! Before Devineaux shows up" 

"He's dealt with for the moment" The auburn haired woman said.

"What did you do to him?" Julia said a little more aggressive then she had intended. 

"Don't worry about your partner, I just had a man on the inside to barricade his stall door"

"Oh..."

There was a short silence. Julia didn't know what to say to her.

"I must say. It feels a bit odd, seeing you out of you like this" Julia said and sipped her almost empty coffee cup.

"You mean my clothes? Would you prefer I wore my work outfit?" Carmen joked with a sly smile.

The uncharacteristic charade caused Julia to tense up and blush slightly, but she wasn't sure why. Maybe it was embarrassment from her own question.

But Carmen did look good in her civilian clothes too. A red hoodie, black ripped jeans, well used sneakers and her head up in a bun.

"No, I... I was just commenting on your... um.." Julia trailed off, not knowing how to continue her sentence.

"Natural appearance?" Carmen asked.

Julia nodded, accepting that answer, she didn't know what she had meant herself. 

"Jules, there is an another side to me too you know. You have seen it once before, my true self" Carmen explained.

Julia remembered how Carmen had been that night in her apartment three weeks ago. She liked that side off Carmen quite much.

"Yeah... I like that side off you" Julia said and her cheeks heated up slightly.

Carmen blushed too, it did surprise Julia, but Carmen always surprised Julia. It was part of her charm.

"I've got to go before your partner comes back screaming 'La Femme Rouge'" Carmen said and stood up.

"Bye Carmen" Julia said.

"See you around Jules" The red wearing thief said with a wink and was gone.

40 seconds passed and soon her partner stood in front of her yet again.

"What took you so long?"

"Never mind that- the man is gone!" 

"He must have escaped when I talked to a lady" Julia said, Devineaux quirked an eyebrow but didn't say anything.

"What's that?" 

He pointed at a black backpack that was sitting on his former seat, Carmen must have left it there. And knowing Carmen it was probably something that was stolen.

Before she could answer him he had opened the backpack. Inside was the very same sword that had been stolen from the Londonderry tower museum two days prior. 

"That lady must have been La Femme Rouge! Where did she go!?" Devineaux asked looking around.

"She's gone... we should get back to the hotel so we can contact Chief" Julia said.

---end---

Yes this is shorter then normal but uhm... it be like that sometimes.