Somebody

Hello, everyone!

Thank you so much for having read "Why Her?". I truly hope you all enjoyed it.

I wanted to let you all know that my new book "Somebody" is currently out now on Wattpad. "Somebody" is about Mabel who happens to be in love with her best friend. After she confesses her feelings to him, they start dating. Or, at least she thinks they're dating for two weeks before she realizes the truth. What happens next is the aftermath of confessing and how it shapes her love life.

"Somebody" is inspired by real life events and relationships I had during my senior year of high school, as well as my first two years of college. 

For all of you who are interested, here is a excerpt from the book:

"I like you."

There. I finally said it. How long had I been waiting to say those words to Jakiv? Few months, most likely. It wasn't as though I had feelings for him at the beginning of the school year or anything. Though, I will admit, I did like him back in elementary school, as well as middle school. He never knew. Not until sophomore year when we decided to make fun of the fact that I wrote him secret admirer letters and signed them Your Future Lover.

After finally saying it, I felt a bit liberated. After years of constant flirtation, I'd passed the next checkpoint towards becoming Jakiv's girlfriend by admitting that I liked him.

It wasn't some big realization or anything once I found out. No, it was more like a romantic epiphany. We were just watching TV in his room, and he got a text from our mutual friend Sally. He laughed at the text as he showed it to me, making fun of the fact that she'd used the wrong form of "your." From then, I just knew I liked him.

It wasn't as though he didn't like me back. We'd been continuously flirting with each other since sophomore year when he entered the school as a freshman. He may had been six months younger than me, but he always claimed that if the American school system changed the admission dates for kindergarten, we'd be in the same year, but I didn't agree. Only because it pissed him off, though.

With our constant flirtation, it was obvious some real feelings were behind it. He liked to grab and hold my hand a lot. He always called me his Honeybee or Bugaboo. Just two minutes prior, we were sitting next to each other on the school bus, and he had his arm wrapped around my shoulders. The only thing we hadn't done was kiss, which was largely due to the fact that he hadn't kissed anyone yet and wanted it to be with someone special. I wanted to be that someone special. And based on the way he smiled when I said that I liked him, I had to be that person.

"I like you, too," he claimed, tilting his head as he cheekily smiled at me.

"You- You do?" I gasped, feeling the same smile spread across my cheeks.

"Of course, Bugaboo. You're my favorite person in the world."

"Oh. Good," I stuttered as I fumbled with my hands behind my back. "So...I'd like to try something more."

He chuckled softly. "Okay, let's see where this goes."

Relief washed over me as I jumped and wrapped my arms around him. He was startled by the action, but he didn't hesitate to hug me back.

"I'll...see you tomorrow."

"Ooh, are you still going to bring cupcakes?"

That'd slipped my mind. "Thanks for reminding me. Sally would have killed me if I forgot."

"Hey, I've got you, Bugaboo. I'll see you tomorrow."

Agreeing, I ran back home, excited to tell my parents that I'd successfully confessed to Jakiv.

And that was the start of how I thought I was dating Jakiv Vann.

If you are at all interested, be sure to check it out! Out now on Wattpad.

Glam on!