We Are Not Murdering A Baby

Mary's POV
I was eating a breakfast burrito. "Mae come on we're going on a hunt." Ma said coming in handing me my backpack and duffel bag. "Okay." I said and we got in Pa's car. He drove and he saw the impala and Ricky's Jaguar. "What the hell?" He asked and we got out. "Oh good someone who actually likes babies." Sam said. "What?" Ma asked and Sam opened the truck back door and we saw a baby duct taped in a seat. "You imbecile, you don't duct tape a baby!" Pa yelled Sam and Kara. I took the baby out of the duct tape and hushed it, "Shh the weird man and woman won't hurt you." I said and it calmed down. "I don't recall seeing babynapping in the profiles." Dean said eyeing the two oddly. "Yeah, exactly." Kara said. We got the baby in Ma and Pa's car I looked at it. "Well feel free to speak up if you know anything." I said and it stated at me. "Seatbelt." Pa said and the baby cried out. "Yeah, don't take it personal." I said and it smiled at me. "Well, we need to get some supplies." Ma said. "I've got an arsenal in the trunk." Sam said looking in the car window. "Not that kind." We all said to him, seriously Sam helped raise me he should now how to at least entertain a kid. We were walking through the store aisles. "Alright, I'm pretty sure that there's some kind of paste or jelly you're supposed to put on their butt." Ricky said trying to at least help. "Like uh... like that?" Sam asked showing us a box. "Yeah, grab that." Ma said. "So how do you know all this, Persephone?" Kara asked. "I have a lot of baby nieces and nephews, granted they're gods but still same needs." Pa said. "Huh." Sam said. "I do wish I had baby Zues pictures." Pa said. I noticed the baby was about to cry. "Alright, we gotta get moving. We've got the waterworks in like, T-minus ten." Ma said. "Yeah, okay." Sam and Kara said. "Go." Dean said. We were in checkout and only one was open and the baby was wailing. "Shh... shh... Come on, hang in there buddy. Hang in there, man." I said carrying it. "Mae, make it stop." Sam said. "How?" I asked. "Everyone's staring at us like we're child abusers! Feed it!" Kara said. "We fed it!" Pa said rolling his eyes. "Then what?" Sam asked. "I don't know. You think I speak baby? Maybe he needs a diaper change." Ricky said. "Oh Gods, I hope not, didn't you two morons raised Mae." Pa said. "I usually did this." Dean said and started mimicking the baby. A woman came up to us. "Aw... what's the matter? What's his name?" The lady asked. "Bobby." Dean said. "John." Sam said. "Bobby John." Ricky and I said. "Hi, Bobby John. Aren't you handsome? May, I?" The lady asked taking him, at least Bobby John now has a name except for baby. "Thanks." Ma said. "I see now, Bobby John's a little wet. No offense, you all look exhausted. I don't mind. Lord knows I've changed a million diapers." The woman said, I looked and saw he lady's eyes flared at the camera, shapeshifter. "That's a really nice offer, thank you, but um... I think we've got it, he is my wife's kid." Pa said. "Oh, it's nothing. Happy to help." The shapeshifter said. "Give me the baby before I stab you in your neck." Ma said. I kicked the shapeshifter and took the baby and ran with Ricky. The rest of us got out of the store and drove we were talking to the others over phones. "The hell does a shifter want with a baby, anyway?" Dean asked. "You tell me." Ricky said. "And how the hell did it find us?" Dean asked. "Who designed this thing? NASA?" I asked trying to get the kid in the car seat. "You know, it could have been following me this whole time. Since the baby's house." Sam said. "Alright, you know, we got to get off the road. Get Bobby John here someplace safe. Figure this thing out." Pa said and Bobby John started crying. "Okay, alright, shh, shh. Easy, kid." Ma said. We were now at the motel and Ricky was trying to change Bobby John. "Okay, alright, you know what? I'll pay you money if you sit still." Ricky said. We laughed. "I can do it." Pa said. "Thanks." Ricky said. Pa looked and tried to do it and sighed. "This is like defusing an IED, with poop! Okay, alright, alright, alright, you are golden, Bobby John. Time to hit the hay." Pa said and lifted Bobby John up and started humming. "Hades, you're just going to make it cranky again." Ma said. "Shh, it's working. Okay, if I put you down, you gonna be a man about it?" Pa asked and put him down. "Well if we had Mae as a baby it would've been great." Pa said. "You would've died, Mae could pick locks at four." Kara said. "And who taught her that?" Ma asked and they all pointed at Dean. "Sam taught her how to escape handcuffs." Dean retorted. "Okay so you both taught her how to evade cops." Pa said ruffling my curls. "Huh." Ricky said looking at a paper. "What?" We all asked. Sam looked at it and he looked pissed. "Crap. I can't believe I missed this." Sam said. "What?" Dean asked. Kara looked at it probably seeing what Sam saw. "This house on Elm. The mother was killed, baby was grabbed, but daddy wasn't living in the house at the time so he's still alive. What do you say we go and have a chat?" Kara asked. "Mae and I will stay with Bobby John." Ricky said. I nodded. "Okay Mae make sure Ricky and the baby don't die." Ma said. "Okay." I said. They left and Bobby John slept. Ricky phone rang, he picked it up and had it on speaker. "Yeah?" We both asked. "We talked to the father. He checks out. But the baby..." Dean trailed off. "Yeah." We all said for them to go on. "We think the shapeshifter is his dad." Pa said. I heard Bobby John cry. I picked him up and he looked like a black baby. "You think? Now we look like kidnappers." I said. Ricky and I kept trying to calm Bobby John who definitely has good lungs. "Manager! Everything okay in there?" The manager asked. "Yeah, no, we're fine. Thank you. Good night." Ricky said. "There's been complaints. Mind opening the door, sir?" The manager said. "It's not a good time. Just got out of the shower." I said. The door kicked open and a shapeshifter disguised as a cop. "Get out of the way." It said to Ricky and I and we glared. "Yeah, that's not going to happen." Ricky said. "That child should be with his father." The shapeshifter said. "Wow, I gotta be honest. I'm not really seeing the family resemblance." I said looking at Bobby John and the shapeshifter. "I'm not just talking about me. I'm talking about our father." The shapeshifter said. "How many woman did your dad knock up?" Ricky asked. I threw the shifter out the window and shot his body that hit concrete he dead. "Well, there goes our deposit." Ricky said. We got in Ricky's car and I was in the backseat holding a sleeping Bobby John. We were following Sam and we went to the where the Campbell's are. I held Bobby John protectively. "Well aren't you just the best disguise a monster ever wore? I'm kidding, Mary. Relax." Gwen said. "What, you got something to say? No? Alright, well, you stand there and think at us." Pa said to Mark. "What's our next move?" Crystal asked she was helping Gwen with another hunt and just got back. "I got a couple of ideas. Mary, let me see the little guy." Samuel said. "That's alright, I got him." I said glaring. "What do you think I'm going to do?" Samuel asked. "You really don't want me to answer that question." I spat. "Well I'm curious. Who exactly do you think we are?" Christian asked. "Hunters." I said. "Funny, here I've been thinking we're family." Christian said. "No my idea of family is people who have your back not the people who share your damn DNA." I said. "Hey, let's not get worked up." Kara said knowing I can kill a grown ass man. "Yeah, yeah, let's not." Christian said in a tone that made me want to rip out his lungs. "Here, Mae, it's fine. Let me take him. It's okay." Sam said. "Hell no." I said my eyes flashing purple. "Yeah you ain't holding the baby." Sam said knowing I'm protective. "Well he's a big guy. Your mom was the tiniest. She was as bald as a cue ball." Samuel said. "Alright, so what the hell are we going to do with him?" Ricky asked. "Raise him." Samuel said. "Raise him?" We all asked. "What, you've got another suggestion? It's dangerous out there for him, guys." Samuel said. "We are not murdering a baby!" Ma yelled. "A Greek's mind goes straight to torture. Don't assume that for everyone." Christian said. "I grew up in this life and it's a shock so didn't die from weapons accidents." I said. "What exactly are you trying to say?" Pa asked. "Nothing it's just the King and Queen of it." Christian said. "You might want to run." Crystal said. "Why?" Christian asked. "They aren't afraid to murder." Ricky said. "We all done bristling up here, or what? Nobody's doing anything to him, guys . When he's old enough, we throw it to him. He wants to volunteer to help out, that's fine." Samuel said. "Could be great." Mark said. "How?" Dean asked. "Think of the kind of hunter he'll grow up to be." Mark said. "You all are joking, right? I mean, come on! You can't Angelina Jolie a shapeshifter." I said. "Why can't you give me an inch of trust, Mary?" Samuel asked. Did he really want me to proclaim he's a dick who believes I'm the reason my Mom is dead. "Maybe because you are suddenly back from the dead, and I seem to be the only one who wants to know how the hell that happened!" I said. "You're not the only one who wants to know." Ricky said. "There's just a little too much mystery with this family for me to get comfy." I said. "You randomly came back from the dead." Sam pointed out. "Yeah a couple weeks ago, not a whole year ago." I said. "Fine don't trust us! But don't put it on us. All we're trying to do is invite you in. Christian?" Samuel said. "Yeah?" Christian asked. "You and Arlene, still no luck on the baby front?" Samuel asked, oh so the dick was married. "Not yet, no." Christian said. "But you want one?" Samuel asked. "Yeah, we do." Christian said. "Wait, hold on."
I said holding him. "It's okay, Mary. It's alright." Sam said. "Congrats. It's a boy, sometimes." Samuel said. "Uh not anymore it is now a girl." Ricky said I looked and saw Bobby John was now a girl and had black hair and green eyes. "Ma, Pa I think she likes you two." I said. Ma laughed and took her. "Sorry Christian it's ours." Ma said. "The crap I do for this family." Christian mumbled. "Well Persephone and Hades always wanted a kid." Crystal said. We heard barking outside. "Dogs are barking outside." Kara said. "Check the back door.mDownstairs, panic room. It'll be safe there. Go. Forget it, go! Now!" Samuel said we ran down Ma handing me the child. We were down there and I held her. "Calm down baby." I said rocking her. "Come on, Kid. You have got to keep quiet." Dean said helping me. "It does not sound good up there." Ricky said. "Alright, I'm going to go up. Stay with the baby." Sam said. "Not stopping you she is like a koala bear." I said. Sam left and the door flew off and saw a shapeshifter and it shifted to Dean without shedding skin. "What the..." Kara trailed off. "Give me the baby." The shapeshifter said. "No way in hell." I said and handed her to Dean and made my eyes flash purple. The shapeshifter grabbed me and choked me until everything turned black. I woke up and saw Ricky sitting at my feet. "The baby?" I asked. "Taken the shapeshifter overpowered us." Ricky said and I cried at that. "I'm sorry Mae." He said hugging me. We walked in the main room. "Well, I'm pretty sure it's not a myth now." Samuel said. "Yeah." Sam said agreeing. "What the hell was that thing?" I asked and Samuel shot me a glare and I glared right back. "We think it may have been an Alpha." Samuel said. "An alpha, like?" Ricky said confused. "Like all monsters come from somewhere, right?" Samuel said. "And you think that this one was an alpha." I said. "More like the king shapeshifter. First one who spawned all the others - there's tons of lore about it." Samuel said. "The first one?" Ricky said. "That's why it was so strong, and why nothing we had stopped it." Crystal said. "But for how long Persy and I have been around and never seen one?" Pa asked confused. "Well you learn something new everyday." Kara said shrugging. "And he said that he could find the baby anywhere. That he could feel it, like there's a connection. That's in the lore, too." Samuel said shrugging. "What the hell does it want with babies, anyway?" Dean asked. "A softball team? I got no clue." Samuel said. "Great, well then how do we kill it?" I asked. "I don't know if we can." Samuel said. We were leaving and I felt horrible for letting the baby get taken. "You know, it's funny." Ricky said smirking. "What's that?" I asked. "You know, just before you injured and killed that shifter in the motel, he mentioned a father, which makes sense now because he meant the Alpha." Ricky said. "Huh. Yeah, I guess so." I said. "Did you hear him say that?" Ricky said. "Yeah I did." I said. "Yeah, hey is Sam different at all." Ricky said. "What do you mean?" I asked. "He's more calculating and actually heartless." Ricky said. "True we should check that out." I said nodding with my friend.