Chapter thirteen

Fuck.

Her cheeks are flushed and she's shoving clothes into her bag. She's really leaving. It is exactly what I hoped but now that it's reality, it's everything I fear.

I really am a dumb motherfucker.

I take a step toward her. "Birdie, you don't have to—"

"What?" Her narrowed eyes snap up. "Go? Of course I have to. You made it crystal clear that you don't want me here and I'm sick of the way you treat me."

Santiago wasn't kidding. She looks like she's about to murder someone. My dumb ass. "Look, I had a rough day. Me being an asshole had nothing to do with you."

She lifts her chin in that feisty way that I apparently like. "So, you are mean to me for no reason?"

Please, brain, say something that works in my favor.

"Okay, maybe it has something to do with you." Something? Yeah, right. My hands try to calm me by gripping my hair. "Fuck! It has everything to do with you."

"Everything?" Her brows pinch together. "Am I the sole reason for your nasty attitude?"

Not helping, brain.

My eyes cast down, knowing I lack the skills to turn this around. "That's not what I meant."

Her voice loses the edge of anger. "What did I do then? I don't understand why you hate me."

"Birdie, I don't hate you. It's just ..." You make me wanna crawl inside you, swallow you whole and hear you scream my name.

Jesus Christ! I'm creeping myself out. I can't think these things, let alone say them out loud. I sigh and lace my fingers behind my head. "I don't know how to explain it."

Something in her face changes. Good or bad? I can't tell. Not knowing what's going on inside her head drives me absolutely crazy. If I have to make a guess, she's fed up with my bullshit. I sure as hell am.

My heart does this weird plummety thing when she moves to the door. Should I just let her go? Fuck no. I'm gonna grab her and make her stay. Before I move a single fucking muscle, I hear a faint click.

Did she lock the door?

When she turns to me, unmistakable desire burns in her eyes. "If you can't say it, show me."

Fuck me.

She wants me? After all the hurtful shit I've said? Maybe wet dreams do come true.

It only takes one long second of drowning in the depth of her eyes before I have her in my arms. I kiss her like I've been wanting to do, grab her body like I've been imagining for days. Is this a bad idea? It can't be. How can something that feels so good be a bad thing?

She's not gonna stop me. It's clear as fuck that she's been wanting this too. When I lift her by her fine ass, her legs cling around me. I trap her body between me and the creaky panel door. Her great tits move against my ribs, making it virtually impossible to show any restraint.

Her fingers are in my hair, tugging wildly. "Where can we do it?"

Her throaty moans nearly do my head in, but I manage to pull back from kissing and licking the skin on her neck to look around. Where, indeed?

Well, I can at least try to let as many of my fantasies come true. "I'm gonna fuck you on that rickety table at the back."

Her breath hitches with excitement, but I'm already plunging my tongue back into her mouth. I intend it to stay there for a good amount of time.