Chapter thirty-five

Someone, shoot me in the face.

Vicky was right. Ellie fucking used me! She views me as nothing more than a cheap thrill. It seems I'm of no use to her anymore. This ugly lame-o, however, is.

Why am I watching how she leans into him and squirms under his fingers? How her tits fill his hands? It's making me sick. Literally. I'm about to vomit my goddamn guts out.

Her eyes open and when they meet mine, shock strikes across her face. Yeah, busted. Did she think she would be able to get away with it?

Fuck her.

Even though my fists itch to break that fucker's face, I can't stand to look at her any longer, so I storm away. Vicky is still standing near the bar. A tiny part of my brain orders me to stick my tongue in her mouth. Not out of lust, but out of revenge.

Instead of doing that, I exit the club and head straight for the dark alley across the street to find solace in the shadows. The cocaine only breaks my heart faster and more painfully. I can't fucking believe she would do this to me.

"Goddammit!" I kick the the dumpster until the metal dents.

"Tex?"

Fuck.

I don't want her near me when I'm this angry. False. I do want her near me but right now, I don't wanna feel that way. It's confusing to love someone you loathe.

I look her way and yell, "I fucking hate this feeling." The dumpster dents some more when I forcefully boot it again.

Slowly, she steps my way, her voice closing in. "Listen, Tex. It was a mistake. I thought it was you."

Fat chance I'll believe that. She was clearly enjoying that guy's touch. I close the gap between us and move her around so her backside is against my front. I mimic his actions, groping her body and pressing my lips on the shell of her ear. I'm not being gentle. No, I'm driven by anger and disgust. "Did he make you feel like this? Were you gonna fuck him in the bathroom?"

I don't really wanna hear her answer, so I push her away from me. She keeps herself from tripping and then frowns. "You're blowing this out of proportion."

Like fuck I am. She let someone else touch her damn tits. Right in front of me! Does that give her a kick? Does she like to see me like this? "Be honest, you wanted that fucker to touch you. You're just using me for your own twisted reasons. It was never about me like you claimed. You've been lying to me!"

Instead of getting on her knees to beg for my forgiveness, her cheeks turn red with anger. "You're calling me dishonest? What about all the lies you've been telling me?"

The actual fuck?

I take a mocking stance, folded arms and everything. "Really? What heinous lie did I tell you?"

She looks like she's ready to explode and then she does. "First of all, Anthony, you never told me your real name and secondly, you can't possibly afford to live on your own from the money you make with the band. I mean, I saw the rent invoice. It's insane! Your bike must have cost a pretty penny too. And let's not forget about that huge flatscreen and top-notch audio setup."

For a moment, I'm speechless. I didn't expect this level of mud-slinging. Apparently, her opinion of me is low as can be. A sarcastic grin slips on my face. "Look at you, all locked and loaded with petty as fuck accusations."

Her chin remains pointed sideways. "So, I'm simply wrong?"

Dead wrong.

"Of course, you're fucking wrong!" My hands fly up with absolute irritation. "Jesus fuck. I go by the name Tex 'cause I'm from Texas. Excuse me from not wanting to bring up the fact that my real name reminds me of my dead mom and scumbag father. Real big fucking mystery. Happy now?"