Prologue: I'm a Mouse!

This is my first ever fanfiction featuring a self-insert because I've seen other users use self-inserts in some of their fanfiction stories being transported into their favorite movies. Here's my take, so enjoy!

Prologue: I'm a Mouse!

Third Person POV

There once was a beautiful young lady named Kaitlin, reading stories on Fanfiction and DeviantArt about her online friends being transported into Bambi, The Great Mouse Detective, Oliver & Company, and Mulan. She read them for a week, knowing that there's more to reading material than just books. Reading on the computer was just as good. "Jeanette's fox-self is cute," Kaitlin cooed, "Maybe if I were an animal in the movie, Bambi, I could be a fox, too. Heck, we can both be fox buddies!" She grinned at the afterthought and talked to her online friends about their animal selves.

After chatting with her online friends, she went into the kitchen to get a bag of popcorn to make. While she waited for the popcorn to pop for the movie, Kaitlin browsed through Disney+ to pick out a movie to watch. "What to watch! What to watch!" she muttered to herself. Two minutes later, just as she was about to figure out what Disney movie to watch, the popcorn was already done. So she opened the microwave to grab out the popcorn, sat on the couch, and had an idea. "Ah," Kaitlin said with a smirk, "I know just what I feel like watching: The Great Mouse Detective!" With that, she clicked on the search bar to type in the movie she mentioned and played the movie. Finally, Kaitlin ate popcorn in peace as The Great Mouse Detective movie started. Suddenly, the screen turned white as it lit the living room, and she screamed as she faded through it with a necklace (which could do all sorts of magic to help those in need when necessary) the screen gave her around her neck. Little did she know that something was about to change and she disappeared into the TV screen.

Kaitlin's POV

I moaned and groaned as I struggled to wake up. "Uh, nuts! I hope I didn't break a bone or anything," I groaned as I slowly tried to get up. I patted dust off myself and as I'd done so, I found that I had tan long sleeves and looked at my surroundings with a gasp. They looked nothing like my living room, let alone my apartment and the modern world I lived in. It was London in the Victorian Era in 1897. "What the? Oh, no, no, no! This can't be real! This can't be happening! This can't be London in the Victorian Age or 1897! Wake up, Kaitlin!" Then I saw a puddle nearby and ran over to it on the cobblestone ground. As I looked at myself in the puddle, I saw that in my reflection, I was no longer a human; I was a mouse! I had round ears with pink inside each of them, a dark red nose, a tail, white socks, black Mary Jane shoes, and a red dress with tan sleeves and a slight tan on the skirt of my dress. "Oh, rats! I'm a mouse!" I let out a terrified scream at what I've just seen and become. "What am I going to tell my family? What will they say?"

Suddenly, I saw a mouse with a dark blue coat, light blue pants and dark grey shoes, and a red neck-tie. With him was a girl mouse, much younger than him. She wore a navy blue hat with a red pom-pom on top and a black forked ribbon on the back, a dress coat that matched the color of her hat as well as her father's coat, a baby blue scarf with red lines, white socks, and black Mary Jane shoes just like mine. I recognized those two. No! They couldn't be the Flavershams! Not Olivia and her father, Hiram, the toymaker! I must be dreaming! I thought, I have to be! Gosh darn to heck!

"What's wrong, Miss?" a male scottish voice said.

I gasped. When was the last time I heard a mouse speak?

"Sorry," the scottish mouse apologized. "Are you hurt? Are you in danger? Are you alright?"

"N-n-n-no, sir," I stuttered in reply. "I-I just don't know where I-I am and I'm cold, but other than that, I-I'm fine." I did not want to give away the fact that I was actually a human. I couldn't because they'd be frightened.

He nodded and said, "Good. Anyway, I'm Hiram Flaversham and this is my daughter, Olivia."

"Hello, Miss," the mouse child greeted as she waved at me. "What's your name?"

My heart melted when I saw her...in person. I always knew she was cute, cuddly, precious, and never failed to make me smile. I just wanted to pinch her cheeks, give her a hug, and give her chin rubs.

"I'm Kaitlin," I answered.

"Well, in that case, you're welcome to stay with us," Mr. Flaversham said, "After all, it's awfully cold out."

Overjoyed by his kind offer, I followed him and his daughter inside his toy shop. Right then, I knew where I was: I was transported in The Great Mouse Detective. So there you have it, folks! Can you believe it?

Third Person POV

Once inside, Olivia and her father removed their outdoor clothes, revealing their indoor clothing. Mr. Flaversham had a light brown apron, red bowtie, white shirt with long sleeves underneath his apron, light brown pants, and dark brown shoes. Olivia was in a light blue blouse with a green bowtie like a ribbon and a white collar, a plaid navy blue mini skirt, and a red hair bow on her left ear.

The toymaker fixed the girl-turned mouse a cup of hot chocolate to keep her warm from the cold. "Thank you kindly, sir," said Kaitlin.

"Oh, you can call me Hiram, if you want," Mr. Flaversham offered gently.

She set down her hot chocolate. "Alright then! I don't see why not."

Then little Olivia did something Kaitlin had never expected: Olivia hopped onto her and wrapped her arms around her, giving her a hug. "Thank you so much for your kindness to us!"

"Well, I just got here," Kaitlin reminded her with a chuckle and winked. "You know what else? I've actually wanted a little sister."

"Yay! Will you celebrate my birthday with me and Daddy?" asked Olivia.

Oh, my gosh! Her birthday's today? Kaitlin wondered. Oh, what am I thinking? I just got here and I've seen the movie before, so I know what's going to happen! After all, her birthday was on June 20th.

"Yes, Olivia," Kaitlin promised. "Why not?"

"To our new guest!" Mr. Flaversham said as he and the girls clinked their glasses.

AN: Okay, what you've just seen is the prologue of my character who turned into a mouse. Next, what you're about to see is the main character celebrating Olivia's birthday with Olivia and her father. Told ya this was one of those stories I decided to use a self-insert in because why the heck not?