His Beauty, Her Beast

Okay, Ratigan won't return, but maybe in a different version.

Chapter 21: His Beauty, Her Beast

Kaitlin's POV

Now that Fidget was by our side, what could happen? Hey, even Snakes, Red, and Bill the Lizard switched sides and joined us. They were probably too scared to protect Fidget when he needed someone most whenever Ratigan lashed out at him and hurt him. Luckily, the bat had nice people like us to encourage him.

Even so, it would take a while for Fidget and the thugs to earn our trust, even though they have feelings. We made our first step by letting them in and giving them a chance.

Fidget's POV

Thanks to Ratigan, I wasn't able to make any friends. Now I know that kidnapping and killing is no way to make friends. Being mean isn't the answer, either. I couldn't blame Kaitlin, Basil, and everyone else for chewing me out for the crimes I've committed, but they've given me a chance by letting me in, which was the first step.

Then again, not even I could trust Red, Snakes, and Bill at first. Thankfully, Kaitlin came to my defense when they tried to get revenge on me for leaving them in Buckingham Palace, where they were arrested. It was kind of my fault, considering the fact that I got out of the ropes and captured Olivia and Kaitlin.

Third Person POV

The girl-turned mouse was in the shower, singing the end title version of "Goodbye, So Soon". Unseen by Kaitlin, Basil and Fidget stepped into the bathroom to hear her sing and they sang along with her.

Goodbye so soon

And isn't it a shame?

We know by now that time knows how to fly.

So here's goodbye so soon.

We'll go our separate ways;

With time so short I'll say so long

And go

So soon.

Goodbye!

When she finished showering, she shut the water off, poked her head out of the curtains to see that she wasn't alone, and glared at Basil and Fidget. "GET OUT!" she squeaked.

Basil and Fidget gasped and made a run for it, only to bump into a closed door. They clutched onto their noses, opened the door, and went out.

Kaitlin got dressed in her red nightie and brushed her hair. Then, she put on a pair of slippers, flossed her teeth, and brushed her teeth. After that, she exited the bathroom and sat with Olivia, who was wearing a blue nightgown, on a bed.

Basil and Fidget looked for Kaitlin and when they found her, Kaitlin and Olivia wondered why they were there. "Basil. Fidget. What were you two doing in the bathroom?" asked Kaitlin.

"We just wanted to listen to you sing," Basil answered.

"Are you sure it has nothing to do with anything else?"

"Yeah," Fidget spoke. "You have a nice singing voice."

Kaitlin nodded. "I am a little flat, I'll admit."

"But other than that, not bad," Basil told her.

Kaitlin considered what they said and realized that they only wanted to listen to her sing.

Little did they know, Snakes, Bill, and Red were eavesdropping and stepped into the room.

"Guys, don't you see this conversation is private?" Fidget asked.