Fidget's Failure and Finding the Flavershams

Chapter 8: Fidget's Failure and Finding the Flavershams

Kaitlin's POV

There I was, climbing down the sewer, away from Basil. I felt so much better after I said what I wanted to say to him because he really hurt me and I was done with him for being a jerk. I didn't care if he was sorry; he needed to be aware of how he treated others, instead of being disrespectful and rude! I was in pain! When Olivia was kidnapped just like her father, it got a lot harder on me than it already had been before. I did my best to take my mind off Basil and focused on getting Olivia and her father back just as I guaranteed. Speaking of Olivia, I trusted her to keep my necklace safe and I'd like to believe she kept her word. Maybe she forgot she had it. Even if she did, it would've been safe with her.

I jumped down and inside the underground sewer was bigger than I anticipated. How will I find Olivia and her father? There was only one way to find out by following their voices and that was all I needed to do. I took a deep breath and whispered, "Follow their voices and I should find them." I was going to search and rescue the Flavershams in any way I could and I wouldn't stop until they were out of harm's way.

Third Person POV

Ratigan opened Mr. Flaversham's prison door to see his project being built by the saddened toymaker. "Ah, Mr. Flaversham!" he said with a wicked smile and chuckled. He blocked the exit with his cape. "Allow me to present...your charming daughter!" He uncovered the exit with his cape to reveal a bat with the toymaker's daughter, held captive.

Hiram stood up to see his daughter. "Olivia!"

"Father!" Olivia cried, but when Fidget refused to let go of her, she stomped on his foot.

"Ow!" Fidget yelped as he clutched onto his only foot, watching her go. "My foot! My only foot!"

"Father!" Olivia said, crying tears of joy as she threw herself into her father's arms. "I thought I'd never find you!"

"Oh, there, there, there, my barin! I'm alright," Mr. Flaversham assured her as he comforted his sniffling girl, "I was just so worried about my little girl." He hugged his daughter some more and thought of the girl who looked after her. "But wait! Where's Kaitlin?"

"Probably in the toy shop," Olivia answered, but little did she know that Kaitlin was already looking for her and her daddy in the forsaken sewer. "The bat punched her in the face!"

"I'm sure she did her best to protect you," Hiram told her.

"Aww, how sweet!" Ratigan said sarcastically as he grabbed onto his tissue and fake cried, "Aww, I just love tearful reunions!" He pretended to wipe tears from his eyes.

The father and daughter happily hugged, but their reunion was cut short when Ratigan grabbed Olivia by the hand. "Now, come along, my dear," Ratigan said.

"Oh, please! Please!" Olivia pleaded as she ended up back with Fidget, pulling her away from her father. Ratigan covered Mr. Flaversham's mouth and ignored both his and Olivia's pleas. "Father!"

"Oh, please, Professor!" Hiram begged as Ratigan held him by the apron straps, sending him back to his work chair.

"Now, now, now! Fidget will take good care of her!" Ratigan feigned sympathy and laughed darkly before scowling. "That is as long as we have no further delays!" He set the tomaker down.

"Yes, I'll finish it!" Mr. Flaversham said, grabbing his wrench and other tools used to build the robot. "Please, don't hurt my daughter!"

"Remember," Ratigan warned, before leaving him alone and stuck his head out the door. "It must be ready TONIGHT!" He slammed the door shut. Little did he know that Kaitlin heard this and she flinched as the door slammed. She was hiding, so he wouldn't get to her. She sat down because she ran a lot and climbed down the sewer, which gave her exercise.