Our Love Grows Stronger

As you know, the previous chapter contained some Fidget X OC, which not a lot of you saw coming, but anyway, onto the story.

Chapter 22: Our Love Grows Stronger

Kaitlin's POV

Olivia and I let him stay in our room with us for a few more nights. Plus, I spent another week or two with the Flavershams, Fidget, Red, Snakes, Bill, Basil, Dawson, Toby, and Helen. Fidget and I continued dating a few days a week as well as Basil and Helen continued their outings and I kept allowing the Flavershams, Red, Snakes, and Bill to come along. We didn't always eat at fancy restaurants; we also ate at fast food places. Some nights, we had pizza. Even Fidget liked pizza and his favorite flavors are pepperoni and cheese. Those happened to be my favorites, as well. So, we had something in common there.

The next day, we brought Fidget over to the hospital because I felt bad for him for not being able to fly. Dawson pitched in to help fix Fidget's bad wing. Before they got started, I asked, "Can I stay with Fidget?"

"Why?" Dawson replied.

"Because I can't just wait out there with Basil and the others just to see if Fidget's wing gets better. I know what you're thinking and I get it, but I'm not the one to wait on one's word. So, I think I should stay with him to make sure he's alright."

Noticing my determination, Dawson said, "Alright. Since you want to make sure he's alright, you can stay with us. I see you want his wing to get better."

I nodded. "Yes."

"With enough care, he should be able to." Dawson winked at me and I smiled.

While Dawson and his team of doctors did surgery on Fidget's wing, I held onto the bat's hand. "Your wing will get better," I said gently.

An hour or two later, the doctors told him to try out his once broken wing. Fidget flapped his wings and I was so happy he could fly again. Then, we thanked the doctors and brought the good news to Basil and the others.

Fidget's POV

I saw Kaitlin lying on the couch looking at her necklace. I was curious as to what she was looking inside it, so I crawled on the couch she was sitting on. She closed it to see it was me. I lost balance and my lips touched hers. I kissed her by mistake!

"Fidget, what are you doing?" Kaitlin asked in surprise.

"I was wondering what you were looking at in your necklace," I answered.

"Oh, just memories of you, me, Oliva, and everyone else." She winked at me.

Third Person POV

Basil remembered Kaitlin's lecture with Ratigan's former thugs, Red, Snakes, and Bill when Fidget was belittled for being a bat, rather than a mouse. Her speech made those three thugs feel remorseful for their actions, especially that Bill is a lizard, instead of a mouse. They were hypocritical, considering that some gangs had different creatures besides mice and they neglected poor Fidget. Even Basil, himself, felt a pang of guilt, gnawing at his stomach, realizing that he was just as guilty for being discriminatory to non-mice like bats and rats. So the detective went over to apologize to Fidget. "Fidget, I owe you an apology," Basil said.

Fidget turned around to face him. "For what?" he asked, confused at what he was talking about.

"Remember Kaitlin's lecture to Red, Snakes, and Bill when she defended you?"

"Yeah, what about it?"

"I'll admit that I'm just as guilty for making bad remarks about bats and rats, only because they are non-mice," Basil went on, "I know now that it comes off as racist and discriminatory. Whether they are criminals or not, I have no excuse for my actions."