Buckingham Palace

Will my OC get her necklace back? You're about to find out.

Chapter 15: Buckingham Palace

Third Person POV

At Buckingham Palace, the citizens of London, young and old waited for the queen's presentation in the royal hall. Upon a balcony, two of Ratigan's thugs, disguised as guards blew the trumpets to announce the queen. A spotlight flashed on the green curtains that were soon parted, revealing the robot queen. At the sight of her, they cheered and clapped, unaware that this queen was a phony.

The robot came to a halt once it came on stage and the audience stopped clapping, so they could hear her speech.

"On this most August occasion," the toy queen said with its left arm raised, "We are gathered here, not only to commemorate my sixty years as Queen, but to honor one..."

No one in the crowd suspected anything wrong going on with the fake guards. One guard smoked a cigar and raised an eyebrow at his companion and his friend did the same. Behind the curtains, Ratigan knew everything was going well according to plan.

"...of true noble stature, that is..."

Ratigan turned back to the helpless Hiram as the toymaker activated the controls and read the cues that were given to him through the speaker. Bill held out the cards of the words the widower needed to recite and a guard pointed his gun at him to get him to keep going. The poor toymaker felt bad, but he had no other choice.

"I present to you, a statesman among mice," Hiram read and Bill switched to a different card as the widower continued, "...a gifted leader..."

"...A crusader for justice..." the robot continued its speech by placing its hand over its heart.

...

Down the hallway, the real queen was being dragged by Fidget. The queen was gagged and bound by ropes.

"Over here, fatty! You weigh a ton, toots!" Fidget snickered manically and the queen muffled as she looked up at the cat in horror. "Here kitty, kitty, kitty. Time for mouse chow!"

Felicia hopped up and down excitedly at her upcoming meal.

...

Back in the great hall, the robot queen resumed her speech, making the crowd more thrilled.

"A majestic mountain of humility," the robot queen motioned toward the curtains. "And my new royal consort..."

The crowd was even more thrilled and wondered who it would be. The answer came clear as the robot queen announced:

"Professor Ratigan!"

The professor displayed himself in overly rich royal garments. A crown sat on his head, with many gold medals alongside purple robes, with a belt with the letter "R" engraved in the middle. On the left side of his belt was a sword and he felt like a king. He hoped his presentation would make a good impression on the civilians.

The crowd gasped in shock at the figure because there was no doubt he'd be an awful candidate for a king. They couldn't believe their queen would allow a villainous felon like Ratigan himself be their ruler.

A little boy mouse from the audience blew a raspberry at Ratigan in anger, but his mother worriedly clamped his mouth shut.

Kaitlin's POV

Meanwhile, Basil, Dawson, Olivia, and I climbed up the sewer grate and made it to the cobblestone street. The detective whistled for Toby, who barked, dashed behind a building, and splashed through a puddle on his way to us.