FIVE

I decided not to get too fancy for this first dinner. I imagine we will have a lot of alone time and I think it would be best to keep him on his toes.

After I showered, I straightened my hair and slipped on a simple dress. It was a dark charcoal gray color, three quarter length sleeves, scoop neck, and the skirt stopped just below my knees. In fact I have several of the same dress, just in different colors. I felt gray would be perfect for the occasion.

I was right because ironically enough, I matched him. He wore the same colored dress pants and a white button up shirt.

He met me at my door as promised, and after taking my hand, walked me down to the main entry and to the right where the fountain was. There wasn't much said between us. Probably because this is going to be the real first time we are getting to know each other, alone. Just us.

I kept my focus on how soft his hands were, and just how perfectly our fingers laced together. I kept telling myself for the past several months while we prepared for this trip to not get my hopes up about who my king would be, but for some reasons I felt those same butterflies in my stomach you'd get when around your crush.

I followed his direction further down a sidewalk surrounded in flower gardens, excited about what he had planned. As we turned around the corner there was a small gazebo that looked to have a netting around it. It was light beautifully with strings of lights, dim, with a view of the bond that was in the back yard.

I noticed that we were rather close to my bedroom balcony, and I wondered why I hadn't seen the gazebo while in the pool. But as we got closer, I realized that it was tucked away just on the other side, unable to be seen.

"Oh my..." I let out, surprised by such an effort.

"I tried not being too cheesy, but sometimes I cant help myself." He smiled.

He unzipped the netting, pulling it open so I could step in, him following after.

"I don't think it's cheesy at all." I said, in truth. "It just shows that you put some thought into this, and it wasn't last minute thought. Thank you." I smiled as he faced me.

"You're most welcome." He pulled out my chair for me to sit. A very gentlemanly gesture. "You look lovely by the way." He smiled.

"Thank you, and you look very handsome." I told him as he took his seat.

We smiled at each other for a few moments, the silence starting to settle. I looked around us trying to figure out a conversation starter, but thankfully Jin found one for us.

"Are you comfortable?"

"Yes, thank you. Are you?"

"Just a little nervous I guess." Thank god I wasn't the only one. "The food is nothing crazy, just a meal and a dessert."

"Sounds good to me. Why are you nervous?"

He shifted in his seat, then took a sip of his water before he locked eyes with me. "I just really don't want to mess anything up."

"What could you possibly mess up?" I asked, now worried that I made him so nervous.

He shrugged. "I don't know."

I didn't want to dismiss his feelings, so I scooted closer to the table and leaned forward. "I'm a little nervous too." I admitted. "I don't want to mess anything up either."

I bit my lip and watched his eyes shift from mine to my mouth. He licked his lips and swallowed thickly before he turned away. I followed his gaze and saw a few staff members bringing plats of food towards us.