Chapter 26

I mean Slaters my friend right? And I'm sure that Ria can convince him if I can't? Oh god, why did I say that we're going to a party? I'm so fucking de-

"Hey Elise! Whatcha doing here?" Slater said as he stopped right next to me.

I nervously laughed.

"Hey there bestie!" I said facing him.

He looked confused and I knew I was in a shit ton of trouble.

"So..since we're such good friends...I kind of told Kai that you found a party for Ria, you, and I and invited Kai because things kind of got awkward and I didn't know what to say since it was so weird and I just made it up that you-"

"Woah Elise, calm down. I'm sure I can find a party last minute. It's tonight right?"

I nodded my head.

"I got a perfect party in mind so that you and Kai can do-"

"We're not doing anything. I just needed to change the subject." I said then rolled my eyes.

He laughed then said,

"Just teasing you."

I grinned then gave him a quick hug. Behind him I could see Ria walking towards us with some food in her hands. She looked confused which means that was my cue to get off of him.

"Hey guys, what's happening?" Ria said.

"Slater just hooked us up with one amazing party!" I said.

Her expression changed and she started to yell,

"ITS PARTY TIME BITCHES."

Slater and I bursted out laughing.

"Oh here, these are for you both."

She handed Slater and I a goodie bag which I could see was filled with candy and other delicious things inside.

"Ooo, thanks!" I said.

"What makes you think I want this?" Slater said.

Ria took his hand and started to walk away with him.

"No need to act all cool, I know you love these." She said.

I started to laugh and turned around only to bump into someone.

"Uh sorry." I said to the person.

"It's no problem, just a little accident." They said.

Their voice was very deep and gave me butterflies.

"You all should stop wearing the masks. I mean don't you all know each other?"

"You have a point, but what if somebody that wasn't supposed to belong in this building entered? It keeps us all safe. You should wear one too."

I'm just gonna continue asking this person questions. I'll never get tired-

All the sudden my thoughts were interrupted when this person took of their mask.