Monday

Alaska's Pov

"How are you feeling?"
"I don't know." The counsellor sighed.
"Justin, I just want to help you, you need someone here for you, you've had a terrible shock, losing someone so close to you is rough, I know that from personal experience." I pulled my gaze away from the window and looked at the counsellor. "Who have you lost?"
"My mother passed away four years ago, every day is still a struggle so I understand how difficult it is for you as you only lost Aaron a month ago."
"People keep telling me time is a great healer."
"Excuse my language but that is complete bullshit, time is not a great healer, you just learn to live with it and live with the pain."
"I just want him back."
"I know you do; he played a big part in your life, but you need to learn to carry on without him."
"I don't want to."
"Did you go to the funeral?"
"My mom made me go."
"You needed to go."
"Why?"
"So you could say goodbye properly."
"I never got to say goodbye at all."
"I know, that's the worst."
"Why did he do it?"
"I wish I had the answers Justin, but I don't. Aaron was just a troubled soul, broken beyond repair, there was nothing you could've done."
"I disappointed him, I let him down, it's all my fault."
"You can't blame yourself Justin, it was no one else's decision, just Aaron's and you certainly did not disappoint him and let him down, Mrs Coady already told me how happy you made Aaron."
"He made me happy."
"Just remember Aaron for the good memories."
"Like what?"
"Okay, did you like him when you first met?"
"No, I thought he was a complete cunt." The counsellor chuckled and shook her head fondly.
"I'll ignore your language."
"Sorry."
"Don't be, how did you two meet?"
"It was a little like fate."