Tuesday

Alaska's Pov

"Can we go out?"
"The nurse told you to stay at home for a couple of days in bed."
"But I don't want to."
"Your mom would kill me if I took you out."
"Live a little."

***

"Tell me why I let you persuade me to do this?" I asked as Aaron and I walked hand in hand down the street. We entered a little café and a bell tinkled above the door.
"I'll be over in a second boys."
"See we're inside so it's fine." Aaron said as we took seats at a little table in the corner.
"You're still not meant to leave the house."
"Stop worrying."
"So what can I get you boys?"
"Two hot chocolates please."
"Coming right up."
Aaron started tapping his foot whilst I checked my phone. The bell tinkled once more as a group of elderly women walked in. "Stop tapping your foot baby."
"Sorry."
"It's annoying."
"I've got to go."
"What?"
"I've got to go, I can't do this." Aaron got up, grabbed his jacket and tried to leave but the women were stood in the way. He leaned against the wall and his breathing started getting worse. I got up and went over to him, I grabbed his arm, "I'm sorry, can we please get out." The women muttered apologies as we stepped outside. I soon found a bench and Aaron sat down, bringing his knees up under his chin. "Let's get you home and calm you down."
"I want to be on my own." He got up and walked off.

***

"Where have you two- oh where's Aaron?"

"I'm so sorry Joan, I took him out and he started panicking so I said we should come back and he said he wanted to be alone and walked off."
"You say he was having a panic attack?" I nodded as tears started to run down my cheeks.
"It's alright, we'll phone him." Joan grabbed her phone and dialled his number before putting it on speaker. "Honey?"
"What?"
"Where are you?"
"It's none of your business."
"We just want to help."
"Who's we?"
"Me and Justin."
"I don't want Justin to help me, I don't need him."
"You don't mean that."
"I do, tell him to leave me alone, and that we were a mistake." The line went dead.

***

"You don't have to go, I'm sure he didn't mean it." Joan said.
"It doesn't matter, just tell him I'm sorry I couldn't help him and can you let me know if he gets back alright?"
"Of course, he always comes back but please know this isn't your fault, in fact you made him the happiest I've seen him."
"Well I best get going."
"Take care love."