Epilogue

VICTORIA

"Clinton, seriously, bumangon ka na."

"Ayoko."

Sasawayin ko pa sana ulit s'ya pero natigilan ako sa paghalik n'ya sa batok ko. And he kept doing it again and again until we ended up breaking a sweat on the bed at 6 in the morning. Like we weren't getting it on for hours last night.

"You do know that we have a flight to Great Citrine in a few hours?" I told him as the tips of his fingers massaged my scalp with the shampoo.

"I know. Kung pwede lang naman na hindi natin puntahan yun, nasa kama lang tayo buong araw."

"Clinton it's the fifth anniversary of the Peace Treaty with Great Citrine, you're seriously thinking of skipping it?" Tanong ko nang nilingon ko s'ya.

"Joke lang syempre." Natatawang sagot n'ya pero sinamaan ko s'ya ng tingin.

Natahimik naman kami pagkatapos non. He was just peacefully lathering my hair with shampoo as we sit in the tub.

Well, talking about the Peace Treaty is still a little touchy for Clinton. He lost someone in exchange for that. He did but I don't think Ray lost him in the first place.

I don't even know if he actually cared about Clinton.

Apparently, Ray who was Clinton's butler and advisor once he ascends Great Amber's throne is a citizen of Great Citrine. A spy who was planted by the King of Great Citrine before Charles Jones. But I know that Clinton treated him like family. An uncle at best.

However, he was too angry at me that he seemed to have forgotten about it for the mean time.

I almost died, again. He was really angry that I went after Ashton Lautner who was really Charles Jones on my own without telling him. The level of his anger was so high that he was almost screaming when he told me that I could have told him about it in public while half screaming.

Luckily for me, there were nearby International Crimes Division members at where Charles Jones met with Ray. A member of that division was closely following Charles Jones when I followed him without thinking about it.

But they didn't catch him. Because instead of shooting me, he shot himself.

"You okay?" Tanong ni Clinton dahil napatigil ako sa pagb-blow dry ng buhok ko.

"Yeah." Sagot ko at tinuloy yung pagtutuyo sa buhok ko pero kinuha n'ya sa akin yung hair dryer.

"What is it?"

"Just another time being freaked out about the fact that I once went out with a psychopathic murderer." Kinikilabutang sagot ko.

"He's gone, baby. That bastard can never disturb you again."

I looked back at Clinton and rested my forehead against his. Which felt calming and will always be calming.

When I looked back at the mirror, my eyes trailed down on my chest. And Clinton wrapped his arms around my waist and rested his chin on my shoulder.

"I can still see it." I said, pertaining to my scar from the surgery.

"It's alright. Ako lang naman makakakita."

We were just standing in front of the bathroom mirror with him hugging me from behind for minutes. Until we heard laughter outside. Which is why we had to get dressed almost completely.

"Mommy! Daddy!" Was the first thing we heard when we got out of the bathroom followed by meows.

"Alam n'yo, buti naisipan n'yong ihiwalay na ng kwarto 'yang pamangkin ko. Baka kung anu-anong kababalaghan na narinig n'yan kung hindi pa nakahiwalay."