Chapter Two - Mara Rizzo

The plane had landed and everyone was gathering their things so they could exit the flying tube of death. I found myself stuck in place, I could not bring myself to get up from my seat. My leg started shaking when one of the flight attendants walked up to me.

"Is everything okay Miss, its time to gather your carry on and exit the plane?" She told me.

"Sorry," I responded as I stood up and grabbed my small duffle bag from the overhead compartments.

I slung the bag over my shoulder and headed towards the exit. I only made it halfway when a sharpness in my chest stopped me in my tracks. I grabbed my chest to feel my heart raising as if it wanted to burst from my chest. My throat started to tighten as I struggled to catch my breath and my vision was starting spot over as black dots took over my vision.

"Miss are you okay?" I heard the flight attendant ask

but she sounded miles away.

I wasn't able to answer her. Words were completely lost to me. I wouldn't be able to speak right now if my life depended on it. Before I realized I was moving I pushed her out of the way and ran into one of the small plane bathrooms. I slammed the door behind me and grabbed onto the sink as I hung my head and tried to breathe.

I could hear banging on the door but I couldn't bring myself to care. I turned on the sink and splashed my face with water. The cold splash of liquid seemed to be just what I needed and I was able to calm myself enough that I could breathe again.

"If you don't open the door now I'm going to call security!" The flight attendant yelled from the other side of the door.

I did not even realize she was still there. I had forgotten I was on a plane altogether.

"Give me a minute!" I yelled back at her.

I stood up and looked at myself in the mirror. I was a mess. My long black hair was frizzing out in every direction and my cheeks were red from the panic attack.

Why are you so worked up? I thought to myself.

It was an easy answer, I was in a country I have never been to meet a dad and sister I didn't know I had.

What if they hate me?

I looked down my clothes and I wished that I had picked something else to wear today but truthfully I just wasn't thinking. I was so focused on just getting here I didn't think that my dad might not like seeing his daughter small jean shorts and a grey crop top. I quickly tried to pull down my shorts but it was no use they were way too short. I then dug through my bad and pulled out a white plad button-up shirt and tied it around my waist.

At least this will hide my ass a little

I took one more deep breath and opened the door to see two angry flight attendants looking at me.