v

Now Playing...

COME THIS WAY by LIL UZI VERT

Jonathan entered the mansion, unaware you and Speedwagon followed close behind with someone else as a "special gift

Jonathan entered the mansion, unaware you and Speedwagon followed close behind with someone else as a "special gift." Speedwagon had a hunch Dio might want to try and pull something once Jonathan confronted him.

"Do you think Dio will tell the truth?" you whispered to Speedwagon as you hid in the dark hallway. You always thought highly of the Joestars and though Dio was technically a Brando, you couldn't help but think maybe those all those years of staying with Jonathan might have given him a bit of kindness he kept locked away. Yet, at the same time, you were disgusted by his mere presence, and seeing him squirm under the pressure of being investigated by Jonathan filled you with satisfaction.

"Of course not," he responded with gritted teeth. "He poisoned the man who gave him a home after he had no one else to go to. That man has no good in him. You should have the sense to think that, too." Yet, you couldn't help disagree with Speedwagon--for Jonathan's sake.

It was when the tears started falling down Dio's face did Speedwagon light a match and you two entered the room fully.

"Don't let 'im fool you, Master Joestar," he said with a grin. He looked at Dio. "Obviously you know who (Y/N) is, but you're probably wondering who I am right about now; how rude of me--the name's Robert E.O. Speedwagon. Something told me Dio would cause trouble, Jonathan, so we wanted to give you this advice--"

"--we've lived our whole life in what was basically a gutter," you smirked, leaning against the wall. "It's quite easy to spot a lowlife when you've been around them for so long. If you want to live to see tomorrow, you have to be sharp and pick up tricks to spot them. My friend Speedwagon here has a nose trained to sort the bad ones from the good--"

"--and this fella smells of blood and brimstone, worse than anyone I've had the displeasure of meeting," he added. "Pure evil, I say! Right down to the bone and farther! From his first breath, he's been anything but good with circumstance having nothing to do with it! He doesn't need your pity, Jonathan!"

"Come on out, would ya please?" you asked the dark hallway, the tone of your voice filled with confidence. Out from the shadows, an Asian man stepped forth.

"Ah yes," Jonathan said, looking at the man then back at Dio, "he told us he sold you poison--the one you used on Father."

There was silence, then a soft and weak voice: "That's enough now..." You looked over to see Jonathan's father dressed in a robe and using his cane to help keep him standing. An inspector and four policemen were with him. "With a broken heart, I ask you this, Dio--why? I've cared about you as if you were my very own son since the day you arrived." He began to cough.

Jonathan rushed over. "You shouldn't be down here father. You're much too weak."

"You're right, I'll retire to my chamber once more." Once he had his back turned on Dio, he spoke again. "Jojo, I wish not to see my boy in chains, but do what you must."

"Of course, Father."

"Yet, he will not see what a cell looks like from the inside this evening," the Asian apothecary spoke as Dio stood from his seat. "The devil with a smile on his face grants him good fortune, the three moles on his ear being evidence of this fact."

You raised a brow at him. "What are you talking about?" But you did not receive an answer.

Dio walked over to Jonathan. "Jojo, my last request as a free man is for you, my brother, to be the one to put the cuffs on my wrists."

He sighed. "Alright."

"Be careful, you know how crafty he can be," Speedwagon said as the handcuffs were given to Jonathan.

"This fall from grace has taught me well," Dio grinned. "No matter how much I may scheme, it was the condition of my humanity that led me to this downfall. I forsake it."

"Wait--what do you mean?" Jonathan questioned worriedly.

He stuck his hand in his coat. "I'm about to become so much more!"

"Jojo, get back!" you warned, but it was too late. Dio pulled out a mask and a dagger.

"You'll be the one to help me shed my mortal skin!" he exclaimed. "Your blood is the key!"

"But--how!? That's Mother's mask!"

The policemen pointed their guns at Dio, yet he still attacked. You closed your eyes, not wanting to see Jonathan get hurt, but when you heard him yell, you knew it wasn't because of physical pain. When you opened them, you saw Jonathan's father had been stabbed in the back, both physically and expressively.

"Oh my God!" you and Speedwagon both gasped.

With blood on his fingertips, Dio put on the mask. He laughed as the eyes turned red. The police shot at him, leading him to fall out the window. You rushed over with Speedwagon to look at him lying in the rain on the ground.

Speedwagon looked at Jonathan's dying father. "Damn it, there ain't a doctor alive who would be able to fix that wound."

You walked towards Jonathan, not saying a thing as for his father to get his final words out. When his father went limp, you wrapped your arms around his wide shoulders.

"I'm so sorry, Jojo," you spoke softly. "Though I've never had any parents to lose and grieve, I know this sort of pain all the same and for that, I want to stay by your side and make sure you're alright."

With watery eyes, he looked at you and smiled. "Thank you, (Y/N). You're much too kind."

"What the hell!?" you heard Speedwagon gasp. You looked over. "The body--the corpse--it's gone! All of him but the mask, he just vanished! Inspector, get away from the window!"

As Speedwagon rushed away, the inspector was about to do the same, but he was too slow, and his head came off with a gush of blood.

-end of chapter five