Chapter 4: Jasper

I don't know why I caught him. I mean, I enjoyed seeing that embarrassing expression on his face. Messing with him was fun. But, I don't know, I guess.

I walked into the door to history class and sat down. Quinn sat down next to me, and Chance, Felix and Simon later sat down in front of us. I noticed how Simon's long, black hair spread out on his back. He had nice hair. It looked all silky and smooth.

What?

I shook my head and cringed at the thought, taking out my thin, red binder to take notes.

Someone tapped my shoulder. In turned my head to see Quinn. "Hey." They said, smirking. "You know we haven't forgotten, right? You guys should still be friends. I'll try my hardest to make sure of that." They gave me a mischievous smile.

"As if. He's so, ugh." I whispered, hoping Simon wouldn't hear me, starting another argument."

"Yeah, I'm sure he thinks that way of you too." They said, rolling their eyes.

"So then why do you want us to become friends?"

"I just think it would be better for the both of you. Hey, I mean, maybe you guys have stuff in common!"

"Hmm." I hummed.

Dr. Polinsky walked into the classroom, happy as always. He was my favorite teacher. "Alright class! We're starting a new unit today. Everyone pull out your binder, and pencil. We'll be taking notes. You'll have a quiz this Friday. So buckle up."

He turned on the smart board. The words read, "The Industrial Revolution" in big, black letters. I held my pencil in my hand, ready to write.