Chapter 24: Jasper

I couldn't keep hurting myself like this. It was too much.

"Ugh, why do you keep looking at me like that?" Those words replayed in my mind a thousand times.

Of course he would be pissed! I'd been gazing at him all day! He'd already told me...

That he didn't feel the same.

So why couldn't I just fucking get over it? Over him?

I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned my head to the right to see Quinn.

"Are you okay?" They asked.

"I'm- I'm just feeling tired. A little agitated." I told them. I wasn't really lying. I mean, I was tired and agitated.

They looked at me for a second before saying okay. I quietly sighed.

And again, my mind drifted off. I hated it, but I loved hi-

I liked him.

I couldn't stop thinking about him.

Suddenly, a ball hit my chest. It didn't really hurt, but I was startled.

"Jasper!" The coach exclaimed. "You're out! You gotta keep your head in the game, man!"

I nodded and walked to the back of the gym. Pretty soon, Felix was out. He ran over to me.

"Hi." He breathed.

I smirked. "Hey. Did you purposely get yourself out?" I asked.

"Damn right. That game was tiring." He said. "I also came over here, to check on you." He poked my chest. I noticed Simon staring at us once again. He had an indescribable look on his face. Why was he staring at me if he didn't want me to stare at him? I frowned at him. And he quickly turned away. I regretted that.

"I'm okay." I said.

He shrugged and watched the rest of the game.