Chpater 17: Jasper

He tickled my sides repeatedly. I twisted and turned. Squirmed and wiggled. And I was laughing.

"Simon! Stop!" I cackled.

"Not until you feel better!" He exclaimed. He was on top of me. His black hair hung down next to the sides of his face.

"I do! I do!" I sounded like a kid. I felt so, euphoric. He made me feel like that.

"You sure? I think I need to keep doing it." He teased, still tickling me.

"Yes! I'm sure!"

He got off of me. He sat on my bed in a kneeling position, smiling triumphantly.

I sat up. My heart was beating so fast. I felt like I was in some type of dream. I moved closer to him. My brain was all fuzzy. All I could think about was the feelings I had, and how conveniently close I was to him.

Before I knew it, my lips were on his. I felt him tense up. But he didn't ease into the kiss. And three seconds later, my lips were off. He had a shocked look on his face. I instantly regretted it. I just knew my face was red.

"A-ah! Wait! Sorry! I- I'm-"

What the hell is wrong with me?!

His face was a mix of what looked like disappointment, shock, and awkwardness. I looked down at my bedsheets and clutched them, feeling too embarrassed to look him in the eye.

"Jasper-"

"I- I don't- I mean-"

"Jasper. Calm down. Let me ask you something." He said. His voice was soft but stern.

I looked at him.

"Do you have.. feelings for me?" He asked.

I stayed quiet.

Just go ahead and tell him. There's no point in denying it.

"I.. I do." I breathed out, putting my hand to my forehead. "I take one look at you and I think about how wonderful, and smart, and handsome you are, and all these other great things that make you, you. And then I get these.. feelings. I tried to deny it at first but I couldn't. And now I'm here looking like an idiot because I kissed a guy who is supposed to be my friend and nothing else, and obviously doesn't think of me the same way I think of him." I looked at him, my face full of regret.  I was so hurt. But it wasn't his fault. I couldn't force him to feel that way about me.

"I'm really sorry. Look, if you wanna leave, that's fine. I don't wanna make you any more uncomfortable than I already have. And if you don't want to be friends anymore, I'll respect that."

He didn't say anything at first.

He probably hates me.

God, Jasper. You just had to fuck it up. You and your stupid feelings.

"I don't wanna leave. And I wanna remain friends. I'm really flattered that you think that way of me. But.. I don't have those feelings for you. I'm sorry, Jasper. You're a good person."

Trying to hide my sadness, I smiled.

"Hey, Simon?"

"Hm?"

"Could.. could you not tell our friends about this? Please."

"I won't."

"Thanks." I sighed.