Chapter 25: Simon

It was the end of the day. I didn't know why I had gotten jealous when I saw Felix and Jasper talking. These feelings for him were getting stronger and stronger. I'd never felt this way about anyone before. I couldn't figure it out, and that just made me irritated. Let's just say that whenever I was around him, everything felt so complicated, yet so simple.

Whenever he spoke, his smooth voice made me feel some type of way. It wasn't a bad feeling, but an unknown one. One that gave me.. butterflies?

But things had gotten more awkward between us. Jasper was talking to me less, and whenever he did talk to me, he sounded nervous. Sometimes, he would blush, and when he finally realized it, he would turn his head to the side. I would catch him staring at me, and he would turn away, occasionally having a small smile on his face. And I found it.. cute? What was he doing to me? How could one person make me feel this way?

•••

I sat in my room. I couldn't stop thinking about him. It was like he took over my mind. I got that weird feeling in my heart. When I thought of his face.. I smiled.

I thought about when I caught him staring at me in P.E. Ugh! Why did I have to respond that way? I'm such an idiot. Maybe I should apologize. Yeah. Definitely.

I picked up my phone and dialed Jasper's number. My heart beat even faster as I waited for him to pick up. After a few seconds, he did.

"Hello." He answered. His voice was.. refreshing.

"Hey." I said, trying to find the words to say.

"What's up?"

"I'm sorry for snapping at you in P.E. today. You know, when you were staring at me."

"Oh. O-oh! It's.. okay. I know the dodgeball game was kind of stressful."

That's not the reason..

"Y-yeah! That's it. The dodgeball game."

"Yeah. Anything else?" He questioned.

I want to know why you still get flustered around me.

I want to know why you're still nervous around me.

And I want to know why the same thing is happening to me.

"Um- no. Bye."

"Oh. Bye." His voice sounded disappointed. And honestly, I was a little disappointed, too. I wanted to talk to him more. But, I didn't know what else to say.