Chapter 27: Simon

I woke up sweating. I panted, remembering what I had just dreamt about. This couldn't be.. this couldn't be happening.

I had felt this way for a couple weeks. And I was finally realizing it now.

I was falling for him.

My heart.. so many beats.

I ran my hands through my hair and checked my phone. 6:40 AM I tried to go back to sleep but it was no use. I got up and brushed my teeth, taking a shower and getting dressed.

By the time I was done it was 7:20. My family was just getting up. I grabbed my backpack and walked out of my room, going downstairs to get some breakfast.

I turned on the kitchen light and fixed myself a bowl of cereal. I sat at the table and ate.

•••

"Simon?" I heard my mom call.

"I'm downstairs!" I yelled.

I heard footsteps. I turned my head to see my mom and Jill standing by the staircase.

"You woke up early?" She asked.

"Yeah."

She nodded.

"Jill, go eat. We'll leave in ten minutes."

Jill said okay and fixed herself a bowl of cereal.

•••

I arrived at school. As soon as I saw Jasper, I froze.

He gave me butterflies. Made me weak in the knees. Made my heart feel like it would explode, just from thinking about him.

Thoughts of the dream I had invaded my mind, making only focus on him. He was talking to Chance. He made eye contact with me. Chance asked him what he was looking at and quickly turned around.

"Oh." He mouthed.

I walked up to them.

"Hey." I said.

"Hey." They replied in unison. They looked at each other. Chance looked at Quinn, who was standing across the hall.

"Well, I should go.. do something. Bye." He said, walking towards Quinn. Jasper glanced at him, then quickly turned to me.

"We should go to class now." He said.

"O-oh. Yeah."

Ugh, I stuttered.

The hallway was beginning to empty now as students rushed to class. He smiled as we began to walk to ELA. That smile caught off me guard, as I got distracted looking at it and tripped.

"Woah!" I exclaimed.

He quickly caught me. He looked down at me with an unreadable expression on his face. But his cheeks were a little rosy. I, on the other hand, was blushing like a fool, frozen in place. My hand was glued to his shoulder. His on my hip. I felt sparks flowing from his hand to my body. We stayed in that position for what seemed like an eternity. His lips parted.

"J-Jasper-" I began, not knowing what I would say next.

He pulled me up quickly and adjusted his glasses. He straightened himself up and continued to walk without saying anything. After a few seconds of him walking with me being frozen in the same place where I had tripped he turned around.

"Well, aren't you going to come?" He asked, as if nothing had happened.

There's no way.. no way that he still doesn't..