Chapter 37: Jasper

I glanced at Simon, who made eye contact with me. He shrugged and smiled, but I knew he was excited for this.

My hands were around his waist now. He looked down at them, and put his hands on my shoulders. I looked into his eyes as we slow danced.

"You're the coffee that I need in the morning"

"You're my sunshine in the rain when it's pouring"

"Won't you give yourself to me"

"Give it all, oh"

"Never in a million years would I have guessed that the boy who had been my enemy since middle school would be the person who I was falling in love with." He said softly.

"I just wanna see"

"I just wanna see how beautiful you are"

"You know that I see it"

"I know you're a star"

I quietly chuckled. I saw the sparkle in his eyes as he gazed into mine.

"Neither did I. The world works in mysterious ways." I replied.

"Do you want to know how I realized I had feelings for you?" He asked.

"Tell me."

"I had a dream about you. I was in your room. You were singing to me. It was a love song. And as you sung the last lyrics, you cupped my cheek and came closer. You kissed me, but I woke up right away." He looked down at our shoes, slowly stepping side to side on the gym floor.

He dreamed about me?

Did I really have that effect on him?

"Well, that's romantic." I said.

"It was. I remember as soon as I woke up, my chest was pounding. I acted really nervous around you that day. You just stole my heart, Jasper."

"You stole mine too. You have no idea how much I feel for you. How much I gaze at you. How much I think about you. I'm glad Quinn told us to grow up and stop hating each other. I guess I won. We won."

I sung the lyrics to him softly as he rested his head on the crook of my neck.

"You're my water when I'm stuck in the desert"

"You're the Tylenol I take when my head hurts"

"You're the sunshine on my life"

"I just wanna see how beautiful you are"

"You know that I see it"

"I know you're a star"

"Where you go I follow"

"No matter how far"

"If life is a movie"

"Then you're the best part"

He touched my face. I stopped singing and looked deep into his eyes again. I knew he loved when I did that. He removed his hand from my face and put it on my chest.

"Your heartbeat. It's accelerating." He said.

"All because of you, babe."

He took his hand off my chest and stayed quiet. His eyes slowly flickered from my eyes down to my lips. Before I knew it, we were kissing. His hands were still positioned on my shoulders, while I was pulling him closer to me, with my hands wrapped around his waist. My eyes slowly closed as we stole each other's breath.

The smell of his cologne was hypnotizing. My heart pounded with joy. This was the longest kiss we had shared, and I was savoring every second of it.

As I shared this moment with him, I felt happy. I'd finally gotten him to be mine. I promised myself that there would be more days of us. I would remember this night forever.