Chapter 9: Simon

Friday came. We were all at Quinn's house. Quinn and Chance sat on the bed, Jasper and I sat on the floor, and Felix sat in the chair by Quinn's desk. Quinn was closer to Chance than usual. I wondered what that was about..

"So, Simon. Jasper. What have you learned about each other so far?"

"He has great music taste." I said.

"Aw." Jasper replied, putting his hand on his chest. "He's open to trying new things. I like him." He said to Quinn.

I smiled, feeling my heart flutter a little.

"Guess your plan worked, Quinn." Felix said, crossing his legs. Chance nodded in agreement.

"Why did you guys hate each other anyways?" Chance asked. I sighed. Jasper stayed quiet.

"I mean, maybe I was, little jealous." Jasper sighed.

"Huh?" I asked.

"Yeah, I know it's stupid. I mean, you're really intelligent, and you could always get along with everyone, well, other than me, of course. You're likable. And we spent three years hating each other because of that. Because of me. I started that. And I'm sorry. But.. yeah." He scratched his head, looking a little embarrassed.

Everyone was silent for a few seconds. Jasper sat in a criss-cross position.

"Hey." I said, putting my hand on his shoulder. He looked at me. His blue eyes focusing on mine. I, liked it? They were so mesmerizing.

"That doesn't matter now, okay?" I reassured him.

"Yeah." He gave me a sweet, charming smile.

"Besides, it makes me feel nice that you see me that way. That you think that way of me." I confessed.

"Aw, now that's sweet." Felix said, clapping his hands.

"Heh." Chance said.

I put my fist out for him to bump it. He returned the friendly gesture.