Chapter 34: Simon

Adrenaline soared through me as I paced back and forth.

"It's 4:30. The dance is at seven. That's two and a half hours from now. And he's picking me up at 6:30. Two hours from now. Oh god, what am I going to wear? Should I practice some dance moves? How am I gonna do my hair?" I rambled.

I continued rambling to myself for a couple minutes until I realized I was wasting time. I walked to my closet, wondering what I would wear.

I finally chose a black turtleneck, with brown blacks and a brown topcoat. White leather sneakers to complete the look. I took a shower and brushed my teeth. After that I put on deodorant.

I glanced at the cologne on the bathroom counter.

I'll just spray a little bit.

The sprayed it on my neck and arms, inhaling the sweet, but not too strong scent. After that, I put on my clothes, and stared at myself in the mirror. All that was left was my hair. I licked my lips as I combed through it. I grabbed a jar of gel- that I rarely ever used, and rubbed it into my hair, taking a hard brush and brushing it back, putting it into a slick bun.

I stared at myself again, admiring the fact that I actually looked good and was able to pull this off.

I went to my nightstand and checked my phone.

It's 6:02.

I straightened myself up, putting my phone in my pocket and heading downstairs.

"Hey, guys. What do you think?" I asked slowly, catching my family's attention. They all looked at me.

"Wow! You look so cool!" Jill exclaimed.

My dad gave me a thumbs up. "Looking good." He said, nodding in approval, smirking.

"You look very handsome, sweetie." My mom said, smiling. "Let me get a few pictures." She took out her phone.

"Moooom." I groaned.

"Hold still and pose for me." She said.

I put up a piece sign and smiled, the flash of her phone making my eyes squint a little as she took a couple pictures.

"Good, good!" She cheered.

I looked at my phone again.

6:15.

"So, who's picking you up?" She asked.

"Jasper. From school." I said.

"Oo! Is he your boyfriend?" Jill teased. My face turned red.

"Jill!" I groaned again, hiding my face in my hands.

"I would like to meet him." My mom said.

My dad agreed. "Yes, me too."

"You'll meet him when he gets here." I said. "He should be here around 6:30."

A a couple minutes later, we heard a knock at the door. At that moment, my heart was a drum. I rushed to the door to open it.

I unlocked the door, and there he was. The bold, good-natured, striking red-head with glasses that I had fallen I love with was standing at my doorstep, grinning.

He had on a gray suit, with a black tie, and brown leather shoes.

He looks so sexy in that suit..

"Hi." I said shyly.

"Hey." He said, his voice smooth.

"You must be Jasper!" My mom said, smiling. "I'm Simon's mom."

"Hello, Mrs. Park." He said, giving her his most charming smile. My dad appeared behind her.

"Pleasure to meet you." He said, shaking Jasper's hand.

"Thank you." He replied. Jill ran up to him.

"He has nice red hair." She said.

"Why, thank you, Jill."

She grinned and touched my arm. "Hey! He knows my name!"

"It's been a pleasure meeting you all. The dance starts at seven, so we should probably get going." Jasper said.

"Oh, of course, of course. Bye, sweetie. See you later." She said, kissing my forehead.

They let me out, closing the door behind me. A black sedan was parked outside.