Chapter 15: Jasper

It was 1:50. My heart pounded, eagerly waiting for a knock on the door or a text from Simon.

Two minutes later, I heard a notification.

Simon:

I'll be there in a couple
minutes.
1:52 PM

I grinned. Excitement coursed through my body. I walked across my room at least six times.

"Okay Jasper, calm yourself." I told myself. I took a deep breath. But I wasn't calm. I couldn't be calm. After all, he was coming to my house. And he would be in my room. It would take so much willpower to act normal. Act like I didn't see him as more than friend. But unfortunately, I did.

I wanted him.

Finally, I heard a knock on the door. I dashed out of my room and peeked from the top of the stairs. My dad was already opening the door.

"Hello, sir. I hope I'm not at the wrong house."

"Hey. You must be Simon. Come in! Jasper's probably in his room. Upstairs, first door on the right."

"Thank you. You have a nice home."

"Thanks!"

I went back to the hallway and hid behind the wall. I heard footsteps. As soon as he reached the top-

"RAHH!" I yelled, jumping out from the behind the wall.

I knew I startled him because his eyes were wide and he clutched his chest. He took a breath.

"Oh, god, Jasper you can't scare me like that." He sighed in relief.

Why not? You look so cute when you're startled.

I chuckled.

"Come on. Lets go to my room." I said.

"Cool."

"I'll be in the garage if you guys need me!" My dad yelled.

"Alright, Dad!" I replied.