Chapter 12: Simon

I leaned against the lockers, waiting for my friends. Jasper was the first one to show up. He looked at me before walking over to where I was standing. He looked.. nervous?

"G-good morning, Sy." He said. I guess that was my nickname now. I smiled.

"Morning!" I replied.

"So, I- um, I was talking about you to my family and, my dad thinks I should invite you over. We could hangout in my room." He said. A pink tint appeared across his face. Was he blushing? And if so, what for?

Anyway, I liked the idea. It would give me something to do.

"Sure! Maybe Saturday?" I asked.

"Ok, cool. Around.. 2:00 PM. Of course."

"Good. It's a date." I said, grinning.

He mumbled something that sounded like "I wish."

"Hm?"

He blushed even more.

"Nothing! I'll text you my address! See you!" He said, quickly turning around and walking down the hallway. He pushed past Felix.

What's going on with him?

"Hey." Felix said.

"Hi."

"What's up with him?" He asked, pointing in the direction which Jasper had just went.

I shrugged. "No clue."

I got a notification, a text from Jasper. His address.

The bell rang, and we walked to first period.

"Hey, Felix!" A girl said, greeting him as she passed by us in the hallway. She smiled. She had dark brown skin, and a couple braids that reached her hips. She was quite pretty. I think we had a few classes with her.

"Oh, h-hi, Carrie!" He said, waving back. I noticed a faint blush on his cheeks.

"Heh. Does someone have a crush?" I mumbled to him.

His head quickly turned to me as he gripped his books.

"N-no! I just think she's nice. And cool. And I like her hair." He said, quickly.

I chuckled. "Okay, then."