10. Bad Liar

Votes build my confidence;)

➵ ➵ ➵

Kaushik's expressions flattened upon hearing that. He kept staring at Raadha quietly.

He kept gulping as he felt his throat drying out.

Raadha stared back at him. She could feel that he is trying to hide something.

It felt like Kaushik was lost of words. "Are... are you crazy? Do you even think before saying something?" he stammered.

"Of course, I do..... but not as much as you." she said making Kaushik go speechless.

"You know what.... sometimes it's better to just say how we feel instead of just bottling up our emotions." Raadha said, indirectly trying to convince him to confess his feelings.

Kaushik stared at her for a few seconds before suddenly getting up.

"You know what? You can think whatever you want, I don't care..." he blurted while picking his bag and trying to avoid eye contact with Raadha.

"Where are you going?" Raadha questioned.

"I need to take my mom shopping."

"And what about class?"

"I'll miss it. Bye!" He answered flatly.

"Bye." she said still confused because of his weird reaction.

Raadha was feeling confused and dissapointed that he didn't say anything.

She had understood that Kaushik is aware of his feelings but is trying to hide it and of course, clearly he's not good at it.

'He's such a bad liar! What's wrong with him? Why is he hiding that he loves Aarushi?... Is he scared of being rejected? Or is he scared of loosing his friend?... Can't he see that she likes him too? Idiot!.... But anyways whatever it is, I need to do something.', she said in her mind.

"Hello? Earth to Raadha!"

Raadha snapped out of her thoughts and looked at Aarushi. "Hey!"

"What were you thinking?" Aarushi said while sitting on the ground.

"Nothing special." Raadha lied.

"Okaayy! By the way, where did Kaushik go?"

"He had to take his mother shopping." Raadha said making Aarushi nod her head in understanding.

"Why?... You already miss him!" Raadha teased.

"Yeah! Sure!.." Aarushi scoffed.

"By the way, why did Sharma Mam called you?"